Senior Manager, Lighting- Fox Studios AustraliaApply NowApply Later Job ID 972438BR Location Moore Park, Australia Business Studios Content Date posted Apr. 30, 2022
- Oversee the day to day management of the lighting rental business Active thought-leadership internally and externally on film set lighting and associated equipment
- Provide exceptional customer service to all personnel and clients utilising the equipment as well as clients of Fox Studios Australia
- Champion and ensure a strong safety application with regard to Fox Studios Australia’s equipment and its use
- Lead the lighting team to foster a positive culture and deliver quality results Financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting and inventory analysis
- Excellent understanding of a lighting or similar business and its application in the film and TV industry
- Be proactive in gaining insight into the maintenance of the lighting equipment
- Provide exceptional customer service to all clients and stakeholders on the lot, both in gaining and retaining new customers and providing technical support as requested
- Strong safety focus with a good understanding of WH&S protocols and procedures
- Hands on – physically moving equipment as required by the rental process
- Persuasive communicator: proven ability to work across functions and influence at all levels of the business
- Proactive coach and mentor: demonstrates background in developing team’s collective and individual skills
- Ability to build and maintain effective team relationships
- Good understanding of the Manufacturing and Associated Industries and Occupations Award (2020) to ensure terms and conditions are adhered to (or as otherwise superseded)
- Understanding of AS/NZS 4249: 1994, Electrical Safety Practices – Film, Video & Television Sites (or as otherwise superseded)
- Excellent commercial acumen and driven by achieving positive financial outcomes
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal to advise clients on lighting packages
- Self-starter - enjoys solving problems and initiating solutions
- Hold at least 5+ years in a hire facility type role, or a role in charge of equipment
- Have a detailed understanding of the lighting equipment and application
- Have a good understanding of electrical technology and safety
- Excellent understanding and appreciation of a rental process
- Hold a Class C Unrestricted Drivers License
- Hold a forklift license
Additional Information:The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
About Studios Content:
The Studios Content group encompasses a collection of world-class entertainment studios that produce high-quality cinematic storytelling for both theatrical and streaming release. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of popular stage shows on Broadway and around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty Limited, which is part of a business we call Studios Content.