Supervisor, Health & Safety (Project Hire) - AustraliaApply NowApply Later Job ID 762306BR Location Moore Park, New South Wales, Australia Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jul. 15, 2020
The Safety and Health Supervisor will ensure that COVID-19 requirements are implemented on-set working in conjunction with the Manager, Safety & Health, UPM and other department heads. The individual will receive training and technical guidance from a Production Safety Specialist, and it will report to the Manager, Health & Safety.
- Establishing plans to distribute and dispose of PPE throughout the production
- Work closely with the Manager, Safety & Health to research new trends, technology, and best practices in production health and wellness
- Post and maintain approved signage and awareness campaigns.
- Draft plans for cleaning/sanitation schedules for all production sites
- Enforce Studio policies and protocols on-set in conjunction with production management
- Manage staffing and supplies for cleaning and disinfecting
- Provide reports to production management regarding concerns, violations, and compliance
- Establish an on-set network of crew members to assist with implementation and monitoring of the program
- Work with all departments to ensure that staffing is in place to ensure key entry, egress and traffic flow areas are secure
- Review prep and shooting schedules to ensure required social distancing procedures (pods, teams, etc.) are in place
- Work closely with Set Medic
- Work with departments on social distancing protocols for office/work spaces
- Experience working on set with feature or television production
- Ability to adapt to varying work environments, possesses a strong pro-active work ethic and quickly adapt to new responsibilities
- Ability to escalate issues to the Manager, Safety & Health
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proven strong organizational skills including logistics, time management and scheduling
- Must be a people person who can manage with confidence and maintain policy/protocol with crew.
- Must be comfortable speaking to groups and providing training
- Highly creative and driven to problem solve
- Have a willingness to travel and keep a flexible schedule (work on a production schedule)
TECHNICAL SKILLS DESIRED
- Basic knowledge of safety and health standards and regulations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Desire to continue development of technical skills and industry knowledge.
This is a ~12 month Project Hire role
This position is located in Sydney, Australia
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Australia) Pty Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.