Integration Support Engineer (C/C++)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 903978BR Location Morrisville, North Carolina, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Jan. 09, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
If you want to deliver the wonder of Disney streaming to millions of subscribers look no further. The partner integration engineering team is directly responsible for the quality of the Disney ADK device ports delivered for formal certification at Disney. The team plays a crucial role that expedites the consumption of the proprietary streaming engine in multi-millions of consumer devices across the world.
- Team members will support partners integrating the Disney ADK solution into their OEM devices such as Set-Top-Boxes (STB), TV chipset and other embedded devices.
- As integration support engineers we will be responsible for assisting with first level triage of ADK integration issues, overall quality of the certification port delivered to Disney for formal certification, streamlining the integration effort, quality and overall content of documentation consumed by partners, innovation where needed to scale the delivery and use of the ADK, support tooling that may be required for troubleshooting.
- The role requires a strong independent contributor, not afraid to get their hands dirty. The ideal candidate will need to adapt and pivot as needed and must be able to multi-task multiple different partners, efforts and initiatives.
- Remote collaboration and team synergy skills is a strong must. Customer support and interaction skills are a primary requirement with multi-cultural empathy a strong second.
- Candidates will be required to adapt to a large code base of multiple technological complexities and learn-as-they-go and assimilate a lot in a short amount of time. Candidates will need to be an ambassador and liaison between different ADK engineering teams.
- Always make the magic happen on the TV screen
- CRM system (tracker and Jira) based interaction and resolution of questions and issues reported by various partners
- Where needed support, debug and triaging issues to help improve the ADK, identifying short-term work-arounds to facilitate partner timelines, act as a liaison between different ADK engineering teams, etc.
- Internal initiatives for improving scalability of partner integration support team efforts
- Fluent in C and C++, cross-compilation, toolchain use and exposure to different build systems.
- Exposure to large code base support
- Experience with OpenGL or similar rendering solutions a strong plus
- Knowledge of source control systems such as git a strong plus
- Must have good exposure to embedded devices.
- Familiarity with Linux a must with exposure to other embedded operating systems a strong plus.
- Virtual Machine and docker exposure a strong preference
- Knowledge of streaming, DRM sub-systems, audio/video encoding standards, a strong plus
- Knowledge of set-top-boxes, TV chipsets, gaming consoles, and other media devices, a strong plus.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.