QA Automation Engineer II -Java or C# and Selenium, Digital Streaming
Morrisville, NC - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 763369BR Location Morrisville, North Carolina, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jul. 27, 2020
Job Summary:The QA Automation Engineer II participates in review sessions of business requirements, technical requirements, and design documents to ensure that software changes are understood to facilitate testing. Additionally, they will review functional and design specifications for individual deliverables. They must be able to work independently with moderate level of guidance in most semi-complex situations. Work with other QA Analysts and Engineers to ensure overall system reliability, performance, and quality. They will be a part of the team that contributes to the in-house automation framework, develops reliable automation tests for both the QA team and other technology teams in the organization, and ensures the quality of all software developed.
- Build tests that are atomic, independent and can run in parallel across multiple browsers / devices in multiple locales and/or languages.
- Efficiently resolve engineering issues with low to moderate degrees of complexity.
- Work with other QA Analysts and Engineers to ensure overall system reliability, performance, and quality.
- Mentor / coach junior members of the department as well as automation initiative individuals.
- 2-5 years of experience working in automation engineering.
- A solid knowledge of digital streaming devices and industry trends.
- Intermediate Java or C# and Selenium knowledge or related test automation technology experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology OR Equivalent experience working in automation engineering, and a solid knowledge of digital streaming devices and industry trends.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.