Morrisville, North Carolina, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 823089BR Location Morrisville, North Carolina, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jul. 27, 2021
Job Summary:The Disney Streaming Services Core Media team defines and develops the video and audio transcoding and processing solutions that are essential to our business powering our live-event, linear and on-demand streams. These include the likes of Disney+, ESPN+, MLB, Hulu, and others.
The Core Media team is looking for an engineer to apply their technical knowledge and ability to help manage software releases and deployments, in addition to facilitating developmental environment requests. The duties and responsibilities of this position will be varied and dynamic.
This position will involve coordinating logistics for software releases across different data centers across Disney Streaming. These data centers include production platforms for all Disney Streaming partners; Disney+, ESPN+, Star+, etc. Each production platform is made up of multiple Core Media systems and services, each requiring software installations/updates and coordination with other teams. A qualified candidate will have a fundamental understanding and/or direct experience working with software deployments. Experience with tools such as Ansibile, Jenkins, and knowledge of yum operations is required.
This role will also assist Core Media software engineering by providing support in Git repository maintenance, developing/implementing branching strategies, and build operations. Supporting and expanding current CI/CD methodologies will be an important part of this position.
The engineer will also act as a liaison to outside support groups within Disney Streaming, including lab infrastructure, storage engineering, and application support. They will work directly with teams implementing needed changes to keep Core Media engineering efforts on-track.
- Act as coordinator and operator in deploying Core Media software across applicable platforms
- Work with software engineering teams to enhance CI/CD practices
- Git repository maintenance and supporting engineers with repo issues
- Debug issues within development environment
- Interface with support teams and assist in efforts in lab maintenance and/or debugging
- Excellent communications skills; written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills; willing to reach out and interface with outside teams
- Driven, self-starter with a passion for learning
- Ability to multi-task and adapt within a fast-paced environment
- 1-3 years experience with Jenkins pipelines, scripting, etc
- 1-3 years experience working with Git repositories
- 1-3 years experience working with Linux
- 1-3 years experience working with Docker, creating container images, deployments, etc.
- Experience debugging networking issues; Wireshark, tcpdump, etc
- Scripting experience; Python, Bash
- Exposure and/or experience working with Ansible
- Experience working within an Agile development environment
- Experience implementing CI/CD
- Basic knowledge or exposure to video/audio technologies and concepts; OTT delivery, encoding (H.264 / H.265) and packaging (HLS, MP4, DASH, etc.)
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
About Disney Streaming Services:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.