Senior Technical Project ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 820086BR Location Morrisville, North Carolina, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jul. 27, 2021
The Core Media Software Engineering Team is seeking a Senior Technical Project Manager to help manage complex software development initiatives at the core of Disney Streaming’s industry-leading video encoding and packaging solutions, providing the live and on-demand content of Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu, Star+ and other globally prominent streaming platforms. This person will play a key role throughout the project lifecycle from ideation, planning, implementation, deployment, and maintenance.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects through an Agile software development lifecycle, including project planning, documentation, Jira ticket management, conducting internal status meetings and providing routine updates to management
- Participate in cross-functional meetings to represent the Core Media Packaging and Processing team by providing status updates and coordinating activities with other adjacent teams, stakeholders, and executives
- Plan and assist in the coordination of application deployments and support related maintenance activities in the production environment
- Act as a main point of contact for support, including during high profile go-live launches or live events; help triage incidents and co-ordinate Core Media’s investigation, response, and resolution activities
- 5 years of Project Management experience managing multiple concurrent software development initiatives.
- Experience with industry-standard project management tools such as Jira as well as collaboration tools such as Confluence and Slack.
- Experience working with highly performant and experienced software development engineers.
- Understanding of media formats for mobile and connected devices.
- Experience with video encoding, especially H.264, H.265 and HLS packaging.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.