Software Engineer IIApply NowApply Later Job ID 919833BR Location New Jersey, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Jan. 24, 2022
Quality Infrastructure and Tooling team provides tools and services that can be utilized by the quality organization as well as other teams to help simplify daily laborious tasks. Our team consists of fun-loving people who are passionate about redefining test automation through innovation and unconventional thinking. As a team, we touch a wide stack of technologies and come up with tooling solutions to numerous challenges facing the Quality organization. By doing so, you will never be bored and siloed into one project. You will have the ability to touch different technology stacks including Java, Python, C#, AWS, Jenkins, etc. This role is responsible for developing frameworks, test infrastructure, and other tools that enable QA to finish their tasks quickly and more efficiently. There will also be a great deal of collaboration not only within your team, through things like Code Reviews and Mentorship, but with other teams in our organization to help develop solutions to their requests.
- Design, architect and implement across services and clients for large scope testing frameworks
- Ownership of daily engineering work; ideate, review design, build, code-review, test, launch, monitor and maintain
- Actively mentor other engineers
- Treat quality as a habit and enforce software engineering best practices and appropriate design patterns
- 2+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- Proficiency in at least one object-oriented programming language
- Experience using Automation Testing Framework (such as Selenium, Appium, etc.)
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Does extremely well with communication, mentorship and collaboration skills
- Strong teamwork ethic and strive for perfection
- 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience or software automation experience
- Experience working with CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins.
- Experience working with GitHub
- Strong system design and analytical skills
- A passion for testing, development, and design
Preferred EducationBachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.