Morrisville, North Carolina, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 823088BR Location Morrisville, North Carolina, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jul. 27, 2021
Disney+ is the Disney-branded streaming service featuring an outstanding collection of content from its brands and franchises recognized and respected all over the world including Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, Disney, and NatGeo. Hulu is a premium streaming service that offers premium originals, current season TV, a massive library of hit series and movies, and live television. Our combined Disney and Hulu team is looking for hardworking team players to join the Media Engineering team, who will thrive upon the legacy of Disney and Hulu, embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) experience through strategic hard work and determination.
The Core Media team within Media Engineering defines and develops the video and audio transcoding and processing solutions that are essential to our business powering our live-event, linear and on-demand streams. These include the likes of Disney+, ESPN+, MLB, Hulu, and others.
The Core Media team is looking for a software engineer to apply their technical knowledge and ability towards building Web-UI/Dashboard Applications on top of our underlying video processing tasks. The engineer will also have opportunities to engage other teams, providing analysis and monitoring solutions in areas covering system-wide orchestration, media delivery infrastructure, amongst others.
In addition to Web-UI development, this engineer will also develop backend applications, APIs, and work with existing Core Media microservices.
The role will also provide opportunities for software development focusing on tools and user interfaces. In addition to working within the Test Engineering & Tools team, the engineer will also engage other teams such as our Media Delivery and Broadcast Infrastructure/Operations teams, the primary internal users for the Core Media team’s solutions, to define, implement and refine applications that serve as interfaces between their needs and the Core Media team’s lower level functionality.
- Participate in full software development lifecycle, reviewing requirements and testability
- Architect and operationalize tools and processing functions through the design, development and support of Web-UI/Dashboard Applications used to interface to these tools
- Engage internal teams on toolset/interface needs, documenting needs and requirements, fulfilling them through development and enhancing and sustaining as needs grow and/or change
- Excellent communications skills; written and verbal
- 2+ years experience working with UI / Web Frameworks: HTML, CSS, PHP
- Experience working with databases, MySQL, DynamoDB, etc.
- Knowledge and experience working with REST APIs
- Experience with Linux
- Knowledge and experience working with Git
- Driven, self-starter with a passion for learning
- Ability to multi-task and adapt within a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Object-Oriented development
- Basic knowledge or exposure to video/audio technologies and concepts; OTT delivery, encoding (H.264 / H.265) and packaging (HLS, MP4, DASH, etc.)
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
About Disney Streaming Services:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.