Sr Automation & Test Engineer
Morrisville, North Carolina, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 823087BR Location Morrisville, North Carolina, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Jul. 27, 2021
Disney+ is the Disney-branded streaming service featuring an outstanding collection of content from its brands and franchises recognized and respected all over the world including Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, Disney, and NatGeo. Hulu is a premium streaming service that offers premium originals, current season TV, a massive library of hit series and movies, and live television. Our combined Disney and Hulu team is looking for hardworking team players to join the Media Engineering team, who will thrive upon the legacy of Disney and Hulu, embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer (DTC) experience through strategic hard work and determination.
The Core Media Test Engineering & Tools team within Media Engineering is looking for a driven, self-starting Sr Software Engineer to apply their knowledge, skills, and experience to provide in-depth functional software testing, develop automated tests, as well as analysis tools & utilities. The Core Media Processing team defines and develops the video and audio transcoding and processing solutions that are essential to our business powering our live-event, linear and on-demand streams. These include the likes of Disney+, ESPN+, MLB, Hulu, and others.
This position will involve developing software for test automation frameworks and functional validation of development releases. The person that fills this role will be embedded in an Agile software development environment. Working closely with development teams, this person will be reviewing requirements, be involved in reviews, and execute functional tests in an effort to ensure software quality. A qualified candidate will bring their experience to further enhance the coverage and validation of video/audio processing, packaging, and associated microservices software releases by performing hands-on testing and critical review of processed media assets.
The engineer will also be responsible for software development, contributing to continuous automation efforts. This can include standalone tool development and user interfaces. In addition to working within the Test Engineering & Tools team, the engineer will also engage other teams such as our Media Delivery and Broadcast Infrastructure/Operations teams, the primary internal users for the Core Media team’s solutions, to define, implement and refine applications that serve as interfaces between their needs and the Core Media team’s lower level functionality.
- Architect and develop software for test automation
- Develop and execute manual tests against delivered software builds and releases
- Participate in full software development lifecycle, reviewing requirements and testability
- Assist in debugging issues often with other teams within Disney Streaming
- Excellent communications skills; written and verbal
- 4+ years experience developing tests, conducting peer-reviews and executing tests for software releases
- 4+ years experience working in an Agile software development organization
- Experience working with video/audio technologies and concepts; OTT delivery, encoding (H.264 / H.265) and packaging (HLS, MP4, DASH, etc.)
- Advanced experience with Linux
- Knowledge and experience working with REST APIs
- Knowledge and experience testing Object-Oriented software; specifically C/C++
- Experience working with Git
- Experience working with databases, MySQL, DynamoDB, etc.
- Driven, self-starter with a passion for learning
- Ability to multi-task and adapt within a fast-paced environment
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.