Sr Network Security EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 904263BR Location Morrisville, North Carolina, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Jan. 11, 2022
We are currently looking for a Senior Network Security Engineer who is passionate about securing all areas of data networking. The individual that fills this role will be a key participant in support of securing the production datacenter networking infrastructure behind the company’s streaming services. This position offers an excellent opportunity for someone to gain exposure to best of breed technologies as well as establish themselves in a dynamic, growth-oriented environment.
- Proactively research both existing and emerging threats/vulnerabilities, evaluate impact, and recommend/implement mitigations.
- Configure, test, and maintain network security equipment and related services.
- Daily/weekly/monthly maintenance and problem resolution, operating system patches and software upgrades, and routine hardware configuration .
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves security problems as they arise.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation.
- 6+ years working in large-scale (multi-datacenter/international) environments, and a solid understanding of TCP/IP.
- Extensive experience configuring, maintaining, and tuning industry leading next generation firewalls (NGFWs) and network traffic analysis/network detection & response (NTA/NDR) tools.
- Clear understanding of and ability to articulate differences between major protocols (eg TLS 1.2 vs TLS 1.3, SNMPv2 vs SNMPv3) and various cryptographic components.
- Experience with internal and external attack surface management.
- Expertise in network security best practices, procedures, and implementation.
- Ability to triage network security issues with varying degrees of complexity.
- Experience with different methods of intrusion detection and prevention.
- Working knowledge of common network monitoring and security utilities.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge.
- A self-starter able to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably engineering related, or relevant work experience.
- Current industry certifications are preferred.
- A solid understanding of network virtualization landscape along with their supporting technologies.
- Hands-on experience designing, implementing, and maintaining secure network architectures in public cloud environments at scale.
- A personal lab environment that you can walk us through in detail.
- Experience with denial of service mitigation methods and tooling.
- Experience with automation tools and scripting are highly desired.
- Experience in multi-vendor network security topologies.
- Experience working in an Agile and DevSecOps environment.
- Experience in either the media or web scale sectors.
- A propensity to experiment with emerging technologies.
- Securing BGP, Attack Surface Management, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) & Certificate/Key Management, Linux, AAA, ACLs, SIEM, Threat Detection, Flow Data, Packet capturing & analysis tools (tcpdump, wireshark, etc), TCP/IP, NAT, and IPv6.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.