UI DeveloperApply Now Apply Later Job ID 702032BR Location Morrisville, North Carolina, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Oct. 01, 2019
The Core Media Processing Team within Disney Streaming Services is looking for an experienced software engineer to apply their technical knowledge and ability towards building tools and UI dashboards around underlying video processing tasks. In addition to working within this team, the engineer will also engage with other teams such as our Media Delivery and Broadcast Infrastructure/Operations teams, the primary internal users for the Core Media Processing team’s solutions, to define, implement and refine tools, UIs and dashboards that serve as interfaces between their needs and the Core Media Processing team’s lower level processing functions.
- Work within the Core Media Processing team to visualize and operationalize tools and processing functions through the design, development and support of these tools and the UIs/Dashboards used as interfaces to users
- Engage internal teams on toolset/interface needs, documenting needs and requirements, fulfilling them through development and enhancing and sustaining as needs grow and/or change
- Contribute to a video processing platform that involves encoding / transcoding of live and on-demand video and audio for OTT ABR streaming delivery
- 3+ years of experience building software tools, Web UIs and Dashboards
- Linux experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate self-learner, independent, and have outstanding problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Skill in functioning as a part of a team
- Web / Web Frameworks: HTML, CSS, PHP, Angular
- Interfaces: REST API, Full Stack / UI development, React
- Storage: MySQL (other databases)
- Applied knowledge of video and audio encoding / transcoding formats and processing (MPEG/AVC/ HEVC, AAC/Dolby, Video/Audio Preprocessing Functions)
- Applied knowledge of Media Metadata and processing (Timecode, Captions, Subtitles, SCTE35)
- Applied knowledge of ABR processing and formats (HLS, DASH, CMAF, MPEG-2 TS and fMP4)
- Media Frameworks, gStreamer and/or DirectShow
- Asynchronous, highly-multithreaded processing design
- Code management (Git/GitHub)
- Strong algorithmic thinking and optimizing for performance
- Service oriented Software Architecture
- High load, highly scalable and distributed applications
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.