Assistant Manager - BTSApply NowApply Later Job ID 776449BR Location Mumbai, Maharashtra, India Business Disney Licensing Date posted Mar. 30, 2021
The DCP business in India is now 10+ years old- and has been growing exponentially since its launch. Back To School Category has been a key driver for this growth for DCP and given the market landscape and the current Disney context - these will continue to drive growth for DCP in India. The broad contours of this role is as follows:
- Support the Category Lead on strategy, development and growth plan for the Back To School Category in India
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key partners, especially senior management at the licensee’s end.
- Develop, implement and achieve the yearly revenue budget for the category.
Responsibilities:Areas of responsibility:
- Category Management
- Research & understand competitive landscape. Analyse and understand market trends, consumer and retailer and industry needs.
- Manage relationships with existing licensees & identify new partners to strengthen the licensee base.
- Work very closely with Key licensees & Retailers across all aspects of distribution, promotions, pricing, product development, and sourcing.
- Lead contract negotiation with licensees and distributors to maximize Disney Earned Royalty.
- Strategize, identify and develop new business opportunities. Manage the process from concept to pitch, to licensee on-boarding, contract negotiation and contract signature
- Develop and maintain a tight control on MIS in order to forecast accurately.
- Product Development
- Work closely with the PD team on product development strategy outlining necessary range planning, brainstorms and development.
- Partner with PD to innovate & bring to market compelling new products; collaborate & oversee product development strategy with focus on quality, appropriate SKU count, feature/benefit analysis.
- Administer and coordinate licensee’s product / artwork approvals with Product Development team.
- Finance, Business Planning & Compliances
- Fiscal responsibility for assigned categories to include annual budget planning and quarterly revenue forecasting (setting annual AOP targets, obtaining and reviewing quarterly forecasts)
- Work closely with internal teams on following of Disney processes and compliances
- Develop initiatives with other ‘lines of businesses (outside BTS) and Disney departments to maximize synergy activity and develop promotional opportunities.
Basic Qualifications:Number of years of Experience, Qualifications :
Education & Training
- University graduate, preferably Marketing or Business Commerce.
- MBA graduate preferable
- 4-6 years’ work experience either in a category management role, or in sales. Ideally in a multinational environment
- SME experience preferred
- Industry: Consumer Products, FMCG (Category Management), Consulting (Consumer Products/Retail)
Additional Information:Personal Attributes
- Entrepreneurial, passionate and ambitious.
- Lateral thinker
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to lead a team
- Retail and category knowledge will be an advantage.
- Understanding of the Disney brands (being a Disney fan) will be an advantage.
- Good ability to work within a team.
- Good analytical skills and understanding of business and financial concepts.
- Committed to excellence.
Other requisites, languages
- Fluency in English and local language
- Hands on experience on PC software applications (e.g. Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with UTV Software Communications Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.