Assistant Manager -FashionApply NowApply Later Job ID 818338BR Location Mumbai, Maharashtra, India Business Disney Licensing Date posted Jun. 24, 2021
Responsibilities:Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop category plans with licensees, in line with the DCP strategy.
- Undertake market analysis to monitor industry trends, regulations, sub-categories performance and retail channels, and determine Disney’s segment share.
- Determine category key drivers (age segment, product, price, and retail channel) for the LOB to expand presence consistent with local demographic and market needs.
- Develop, implement and achieve yearly revenue budget (Retail sales and royalty revenue) for respective set of licensees and retailers.
- Key account management - Work very closely with Key licensees & Retailers across all aspects of distribution, promotions, pricing, product development, and sourcing.
- Identify new areas of growth from a category and channel perspective
- Secure business growth through new business development, expansion of sub-categories/addressing gaps in the portfolio.
- Build strong business pitches/marketing cases, for new partners to take to licensing
- Negotiate win-win business arrangements in line with category benchmarks.
- Ensure timely collection of royalty reports, sales data.
- Drive Contract Renewals consistent with Category Plans and strategies.
- Ensure that the business is conducted as per compliances laid down by The Walt Disney Company.
- Ensure licensees’ thorough understanding and compliance of Disney’s contract and processes.
- Product Development
- Should have perspective on fashion trends and consumer preferences.
- Work closely with licensees on their category assortment plans.
- Work closely with Product development (PD) team to support licensees towards product launch/refreshes.
- Administer and coordinate licensee’s product/artwork approvals with PD team.
- Ensure necessary interventions with licensee in line with Disney franchise priorities
- Ensure timely quarter closure and provide category revenue forecasts.
- Ensure that timely collection of monies from licensees.
- Responsible for the administration and execution of contracts.
- Retail/ Marketing
- Understand nuances of retail and POS, specific to category or sub-category needs.
- Drive necessary support for licensee / franchise among internal stakeholders.
Basic Qualifications:Education & Experience Required:
Education & Training
- University Degree in Fashion /Merchandising /NIFT background
- MBA (preferred Marketing or Business Commerce)
- ~6 years work experience either in a category management role, or in sales or merchandising. Ideally in a multinational environment
- Industry: Retail, Fashion, Textile, ecommerce (Category Management)
Additional Information:Skills Required:
- Entrepreneurial, passionate and resilient.
- Committed to excellence.
- Ownership and comfortable working independently
- Open to learning, ingenious
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills.
- Fashion/Retail/Category knowledge will be an advantage.
- Good ability to work within a team.
- Good analytical skills and understanding of business and financial concepts.
Other requisites, languages
- Fluency in English and local language
- Hands on experience on PC software applications (e.g. Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with UTV Software Communications Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.