Already applied?View Dashboard
Assistant Manager - FHBApply Now Apply Later Job ID 667296BR Location Mumbai, Maharashtra, India Business Disney Licensing Date posted May. 13, 2019
Job Summary:Overall Purpose of the Role :
- The candidate will be responsible to drive the Food, Health & Beauty category & Licensing business for the Indian subcontinent.
- Achieve the set annual AOP numbers for the Indian subcontinent.
- Accountable to identify strategic licensing opportunities & explore new business avenues to grow the FHB licensing business for Disney India.
- Align, ideate with the regional business teams for cross functional market learnings & seek strategic revenue opportunities.
- Deliver exceptional licensed Disney, Pixar, Marvel & Star Wars branded partner products in the FHB category in India.
- Strategic mindset to Identify, develop & create new business opportunities for Disney in the FHB category.
- Accountable for developing, proposing, overseeing and implementing the business strategy for the FHB category.
- Accountable for implementing the business strategy for FHB category.
- Demonstrate an enterprising and consistently pro-active attitude to all partner dealings.
- Provide insights on brands, new trends & approaches in the FHB space.
- Ability to inspire FHB partner brands to looks at product differentiation/brand innovation and strategic associations with Disney, Marvel and Star Wars branded products.
- AOP responsibility for the category with regular budget planning - monthly, quarterly revenue forecasting
- Expectations to contribute on FHB category inputs and beyond the regular scope of work.
- Partner with Disney Product Development and Design teams to innovate, create impactful pitch stories & materials for compelling new branded product in Food, Health & Beauty category
- Collaborate and liaison with the DCP legal team and productively engage in discussions and negotiations jointly with partners and to fulfil the overall contractual process
- Champion the core Disney process like ILS & Nutritional guidelines. Interface, educate & facilitate external brand partners on these process on a continued basis and be a GO TO person in the team.
- Research and understand competitive landscape, market trends and consumer trends in the FHB space.
- Build strong team-oriented relationships within the BU & other Disney LOB’s, franchise marketing teams and global partners which can result in new business and cross-promotional opportunities
- Manage day to day responsibilities such as contractual and amendment process, Nutritional Guidelines, ILS discussions, preparing presentations and other projects as necessary.
- Monitor delivery and flag key issues with brand partners and drive open matters to resolution.
- Become an expert and educate brand partners on the business opportunities & active role of licensing
- Drive Innovations
- Attend & play an active role in client meetings
Basic Qualifications:Education & Experience :
MBA (preferably Sales & Marketing)Candidate Profile
Additional Information:Skills Required :
- Entrepreneurial, passionate, ambitious and hunger for growing the business
- Self-starter, motivated, proactive, dependable, flexible & strong team building skills
- Strong financial analysis skills and adept at goal setting and performance management
- Strategic mindset
- Hard seller & a master in “FMCG”
- People skills to multitask across teams
- Relationship skills | client management| vendor partners | matrix
- Team player | bring together the department to work towards the expertise of FHB
- Resilience to manage a vibrant portfolio
- Ability to work in a high stress & a vibrant work environment
- Extremely critical for the candidate to have strong presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Category Management knowledge is a must.
- Good analytical skills and understanding of business and financial concepts.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Lateral thinker
- Passionate about working for Disney and managing brands like Disney, Pixar, Marvel & Star Wars
- Fluency in English and Hind
- Hands on experience on PC software applications (e.g. Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with UTV Software Communications Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.