Assistant Manager - Financial SystemsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 735640BR Location Mumbai, Maharashtra, India Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 15, 2020
The Walt Disney Company's objective is to be one of the world's leading producers and providers of entertainment and information. The company's primary financial goals are to maximize earnings and cash flow, and to allocate capital toward growth initiatives that will drive long-term shareholder value. Disney Worldwide Shared Service (DWSS) directly supports these goals through the provision of value-added functions such as the consolidation and optimization of services and processes, excellence in customer service, timely and accurate transactions, and continuous improvements for supplying low-cost services. The Financial Systems and Business Transformation Team enables and supports those activities by applying a broad set of skills and experience to streamlining/ automation/ centralization projects, business unit transitions, reporting, and internal process improvement efforts.
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Systems for the Global Credit & Collections Business Systems Team, the Assistant Manager (AM) is a key member of the DWSS Financial Systems and Business Transformation Team whose responsibilities include providing ongoing process improvement, reporting, and tool support for Disney’s Worldwide Shared Service Center, leading technology-related project efforts to improve operational efficiency and enhance service to the Company’s Credit and Collections Team, and leading a global team of Financial Systems Analysts supporting the LATAM, APAC, and EMEA regions. The team will: develop reporting that allows business groups to deliver value and efficiency in decision making; perform system administration, testing, and configuration tasks for vendor-supported and internally developed tools that facilitate the Company’s credit and collections functions; configure, monitor and trouble-shoot data extract, transform, and load (ETL) tasks for internally-developed tools.
Responsibilities:This position is primarily responsible for:
- Lead a team of financial systems analysts to deliver process improvement functions, systems support, systems administration, reporting, and analytics for all international regions of the Global Credit and Collections teams, including APAC, LATAM, and EMEA.
- Collaborate with local leadership from the Credit and Collections team on systems enhancements, process improvements, or reporting and analytics that are core to the organizations key goals for the year.
- Collaborate with Credit and Collections teams to identify operational issues and concerns, and develop organized change strategies that improve efficiency or enhance service delivery.
- Assist in the facilitation of continuous improvement of global Credit and Collections processes.
- Participate in the development of long-term direction setting for the organization.
- Interpret historical data or perform process/gap analysis to evaluate problems and causes for which procedural or system changes are required.
- Use creativity and analytical thinking to evaluate solution alternatives, and develop recommendations.
- Learn / get trained and become the SME on SQL, GetPaid, Tableau and other Financial Systems; Assist US-based team members in maintaining SQL data models or enhancing existing operational reports to achieve ongoing process improvement goals.
- Deliver presentations to stakeholders & management with confidence, ensuring understanding
- Deliver appropriate metrics to drive strategic decisions
- 5-8 years’ experience in financial planning, management consulting, auditing and/or corporate finance environment
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or CA preferred.
- Advance Excel, SAP GL experience required.
- SQL Database and Tableau experience preferred.
Additional Information:Skills Required:
- Excellent spreadsheet and computer modelling skills. Advanced MS Excel knowledge needed.
- Proficient budgeting and management reporting experience, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping priorities and reprioritize as necessary in order to meet current business objectives.
- Proficiency in data modelling/data or text mining.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong research and presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to conceptualize issues and complex models.
- Strong writing and reporting skills.
- High attention to detail and ability to work with stringent deadlines.
- Very good work ethic accompanied by a positive, get-it-done attitude.
Additional desired Skills:
- Formal business improvement, project management or business methodology accreditation (e.g. LEAN Six Sigma, Black/Green Belt, PMP or similar).
- Experience utilizing enterprise SQL database (MS SQL, Oracle, My SQL, SSRS) platforms.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with UTV Software Communications Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).