Assistant Manager - NBDApply NowApply Later Job ID 977401BR Location Mumbai, India Business Disney Licensing Date posted May 12, 2022
Disney is seeking an experienced Assistant Manager – New Business, Disney Consumer Products to create impact by identifying and advancing new business opportunities with a strong focus on driving accelerated profit growth through insight based and locally relevant design and products for India. “Be a part of the Story”.
This role will support the new business development team with a focus on Food, Health & Beauty category and shall include other category verticals within DCP India in achieving product, category and franchise strategies and goals, delivering compelling merchandise at retail and enriching consumer experiences
The ideal candidate would have a proven track record in demonstrating commercial acumen with the ability to build strong relationships with our partners. He/she is a change enabler who is organisational savvy, builds strong networks internally and externally.
Responsibilities:Areas of responsibility:
- Build and manage lead generation process and pipeline, identify high potential new-to-Disney partners or opportunities to extend relationship with existing partners through new business models.
- Create consultative sales presentations using industry knowledge and curating the Disney difference.
- Negotiate commercial terms and close deals before handing over to the Account Management team.
- Develop relationships within retail and consumer goods industry, creating new channels of distribution for Disney products.
- Maintain a good understanding of Industry dynamics, trends and competitive insights.
- Maximize new and existing Disney IP to establish Disney in new retail channels through retail partnerships and activations across India.
- Research and capitalize on new business opportunities and consumer trends, lead the development of the strategies and roll out plans for new business initiatives.
- Partner with lines of businesses to drive brand and franchise affinity to maximize impact to overall Disney brand equity.
Basic Qualifications:Qualification and experience required :
-Post graduate (MBA or similar) in Business or a related field from a reputable university
-5 to 6 years working experience
Additional Information:Required skills:
- Brand custodian for Disney brands and a strong commercial acumen on monetization opportunities using Disney IP
- Strong stakeholder management; experience in navigating a matrixed organization and successfully influencing key stakeholders and a wide range of external partners with diverse requirements.
- Excellent presentation, communication, networking and influencing skills.
- Strong financial acumen and the ability to analyse data and construct practical conclusions and recommendations.
- Experience across a broad spectrum of retail sectors preferred including grocery retail, global fast fashion and lifestyle brands, FMCG companies, local specialty retailers and D2C brands
- Build a larger portfolio of new categories and cohorts – new age and traditional
- Ability to manage and navigate through complex sales processes.
- Ability to work collaboratively and cross functionally.
- Strong understanding of retail & D2C markets in India
- Entrepreneurial, passionate, ambitious and hunger for growing the business
- People skills to multitask across teams
- Resilience to manage a vibrant portfolio
- Ability to work independently.
- Passionate about working for Disney and managing brands like Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, Avatar and National Geographic
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with UTV Software Communications Limited, which is part of a business we call Disney Licensing.