Already applied?View Dashboard
Assistant Manager-Production ManagementApply Now Apply Later Job ID 560242BR Location Mumbai, Maharashtra, India Business Media Networks Date posted Jun. 01, 2018
Job Summary:Overall Purpose of the role :-
With the Company strategy of Producing Original Content as part of the Content slate, the need for a domain expert with requisite experience in Production and market knowledge of available resources is required to provide Operational support to the front line functions. Support required involves commercial and first line contractual negotiations, empanelment of Production partners through the Compliance due diligence procedure, Process compliance documentation and administration, Induction of Production Partners to the shoot compliance framework, Production activity tracking, managing of censor certification process, and managing all production operations including Production Insurances, Shoot site visits, Title registration and Management of the Document Management system.
This position requires effective coordination, coercive action and communication skills to push our internal/external stakeholders and vendors, to ensure that our tight telecast deadlines are met.
This contribution of the Assistant Manager/Manager in Production Management will provide continual back-end coordinated action & logistical support to our front line colleagues to focus on their specific business objectives, whilst they manage the tedious production operations in the back-ground to enable processes to move to its next operational step to meet the varied on-air deadlines as scheduled for telecast across our channels
Responsibilities:Areas of Responsibility :-
The Assistant Manager/Manager, Production Management is the central point and owner of all operational activities & processes ranging from production, engaging freelance resources and any other resources required in a Production, building talent banks, entering into mandated commercial & contractual negotiations, obtaining censor certifications, and such operational activities required to support Programming, Content Production AFP and Animation Development deadlines.
Basic Qualifications:Education Qualification: Minimum Graduate or above. Any additional qualification like a degree or diploma in Media & Mass Communication is beneficial.
Experience Required: Minimum seven-eight (7-8) years of work experience in production operations activity which should include;
- Ability to manage and influence coercive action amongst stakeholders to enable processes and deadlines with astute communication & inter-personal skills
- Ability to manage commercial & contractual negotiations, with freelance resources whether external technicians, talent or studios
- Ability to prepare production working budgets and seeking of internal approvals as per process
- Managing shoot logistics - costumes, props, locations, casting, F&B, transport etc..
- Ability to devise, prepare & manage all production operations reports & planning trackers
- Domain knowledge of shoot activity to be implemented in shoot visits for each project to ensure Disney mandates, processes and timelines are maintained for each project.
Additional Information:Skills Required :-
- Should be proficient in pre-production, shoot & post-production processes
- Should have strong working knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of production budgeting
- Good verbal & written communication
- Good inter-personal skills to effectively interact & coordinate with all internal/external stakeholders
- Oriented towards technology to use any application required for tracking or reporting activity.
- Diligent, organized, high-integrity, sincere and hard-working
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Broadcasting (India) Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.