Assistant Manager- Programming Strategy & Insights, Star BharatApply NowApply Later Job ID R10013804 Location Mumbai, India Business Disney Star Date posted Sep. 19, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
This position will be the custodian for primary & secondary consumer research projects for Star Bharat covering the gamut of research needs including consumer understanding & societal trend mapping, channel & programme health measurement and communication research
- Mining insights & mapping Trends in the areas of consumer attitudes, lifestyles and behavior at a macro level that sharpens the team’s consumer understanding
- Tapping the vast body of secondary research and using it effectively for enhancing consumer understanding
- Constantly Driving the consumer feedback mechanism that provides sharp & actionable qualitative insights for the on-air programmes broadcast on the channel that help identify the reasons for their success or failure
- Effectively using innovative research techniques to unearth insights about consumer & content
- Working with consumer experts for special projects
- Driving consumer testing for communication campaigns that measures its efficacy & highlights concerns
- Tapping learnings emerging from various studies and effective presentation of the same future success
- Weekly monitoring of competition content
- Channel & Brand Health Studies
- Effective management of research agencies, field operations & budgets
- Success in identifying macro trends & social insights about our consumers
- Success in generating sharp and actionable insights for the business objective or problem at hand
- Ability to clearly identify why the programme is successful or not successful
- Number of innovative research techniques employed
- Quality of research agencies & consumer experts partnered with
- Budget management
About Disney Star:
Star has defined the Indian media landscape for over two decades and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching approximately 650 million viewers a month across India and more than 100 other countries. Star generates 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 40+ channels in 8 different languages, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The network’s entertainment channel portfolio includes Star Gold, Channel V, Star World, Star Movies, Star Utsav, Life OK, Movies OK and Star Plus, India's No. 1 Hindi General Entertainment Channel. It has a leading presence in regional broadcasting as well, through a bouquet of affiliate channels which includes Star Jalsha, Jalsha Movies, Star Pravah, Asianet, Asianet Plus, Suvarna, Suvarna Plus, Vijay and now Maa. It is also present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios, an affiliate joint venture company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Star India Pvt Ltd (SIPL), which is part of a business we call Disney Star.