Assistant Manager - TaxationApply NowApply Later Job ID 811690BR Location Mumbai, Maharashtra, India Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jun. 13, 2021
This role is responsible for gathering information, executing SOX controls, preparing workpapers supporting the Non-US income tax provision calculations. The ideal candidate will actively analyze the information received and audit his/her own work. This role will also be responsible for preparing global consolidation workpapers, account reconciliations and analysis of income tax reserves under ASC 740, the income tax related financial results for the Disney Enterprise’s Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Statement of Cash Flows on a quarterly basis. This role prepares executive and external summaries, disclosures for executive audiences.
This role supports the quarterly tax provision, monthly forecasts, annual and 5 year operating plans, and unique transactions (e.g. purchase accounting, transaction support). Responsible for training and managing Tax Coordinators and Intern(s).
All tax professionals within Disney Tax Operations must be conversant in and capable of applying correctly all of the current tax laws and regulations as well as US GAAP including ASC 740. They must understand the impact on the Disney financial statements with particular attention to the SOX controls around the tax processes.
To accomplish this role effectively, the tax professional prepares and reviews the financial statements impact on strategic business changes, tax planning, legislative changes, and more. This role will involve data collection, researching and documenting tax accounting positions, recommending processes, resources, and activities to achieve the most desirable outcome.
A great candidate will be a self-starter as they must coordinating activities and communications, clearly articulating information needs, technical concepts, and owning follow through to get to necessary results. Building relationships and consensus will be key to success as the role regularly interacts with business partners both within Tax and external to Tax at all levels of the Enterprise.
Responsibilities:Job Responsibilities and Duties:
Work related to the income tax provision:
- Data collection & accumulation (including SAP, Tax Driver, OneSource, Tax Packages, Direct Inquiry);
- Preparation and analysis of ASC740 workpapers for calculation, consolidation, and communication;
- Preparation and analysis of Uncertain Tax Positions (FIN 48);
- Sarbanes Oxley 404 (SOX) control compliance;
- Forecasting tax rate and cash tax expectations;
- Various tasks supporting tax department activities.
Other special projects as assigned, etc.
Basic Qualifications:Education Qualification & Experience required:
- Chartered Accountant Preferred
- CPA (or CPA candidate) preferred
Project Management Certifications a plus
CorpTax or OneSource Tax Provision software experience a plus
SAP or other general ledger experience a plus
Alteryx, Tableau or other ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) experience a plus
- 3-6 years of tax accounting or compliance in a public accounting firm or equivalent experience in a large corporate tax department
Additional Information:Other Skills Required:
- Work requires overtime during financial close periods
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve issues
- Strong understanding of US GAAP (ASC 740) and income tax technical experience
- Strong understanding of tax operating processes
- Ability to discriminate between symptoms and root causes
- Good project management skills that lead to successful execution of project plans
- Strong presentation and communication skills (Collaborates and solves problems, maintains communications with contacts and can communicate with stakeholders at the same or higher levels on matters of considerable complexity)
- Significant skill with Excel, Adobe Acrobat and PowerPoint. Must be savvy in working with a variety of tax and financial software, including the ability to mine for data and produce deliverables.
- Ability to complete complex tasks and projects requiring independent initiative
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with UTV Software Communications Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).