Associate Director – Compensation & BenefitsApply NowApply Later Job ID 10051156 Location Mumbai, India Business Disney Star Date posted Sep. 15, 2023
- Act as the subject matter expert / internal consultant to stakeholders on in-country compensation and benefits related matters including providing guidance on mid to complex matters, as well as working collaboratively with HR Business Partners to deliver innovative solutions and help People Leaders understand our Total Reward philosophy.
- Apply commercial thinking and an understanding of the business and HR to provide pragmatic and informed HR solutions and ideas that meet both the business needs and fit with the HR agenda.
- Develop and enhance the provision of total rewards reporting, analytics, and insight, through the provision of high quality and accurate management information while enhancing the reporting capabilities of the Rewards Team.
- Responsible to lead and execute Annual Total Rewards Processes such as yearly headcount budgeting process, annual compensation review and short-term Incentive program for the assigned business groups
- Working closely with the business and local HR, manage the deal development/negotiations on all Executive packages (Director & above) using local benchmarking information and working within the agreed approval matrix
- Manage salary survey and benchmarking activities, ensuring compensation and benefits practices and programs are competitive aligned with our industry.
- Support the continuous improvement, including harmonization and optimization of total rewards policies, programs, processes, and practices.
- Collaborate effectively with global C&B colleagues on policies, processes, and practices to help ensure operational excellence.
- Provide guidance, tools and resources to Talent Acquisition and HR Business partners regarding our compensation philosophy and application of compensation programs; this includes the design and implementation of effective education strategies
- Represent Disney STAR in external compensation forums as needed.
- Proposal and policy writing ability is a must
- Work on ad hoc C&B projects as needed
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES FOR SUCCESS:
- Knowledge of compensation program concepts and practices
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills with a commitment to accuracy
- Strong sense of teamwork, conflict resolution skills and relationship builder
- Strong written, verbal, and graphic communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate technical information to varying audiences
- An agile mindset with the ability to innovate and stretch boundaries will be key to success in the role
- Ability to understand and influence multiple stakeholders from various disciplines (e.g., finance, legal, operations)
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel (Advanced), PowerPoint, and Word; SAP and Workday experience a plus
- Understanding of Long Term Stock Plans is a plus
PREFERRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree level or equivalent qualification/ experience
- 10 - 12 years overall experience in HR/ Compensation field. Preferable if has had prior HRBP experience
- Demonstrable experience in Compensation at Senior Manager level.
- Prior knowledge of the media industry would be a big plus
- Workday Knowledge (preferable, not mandatory)
About Disney Star:
Star has defined the Indian media landscape for over two decades and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching approximately 650 million viewers a month across India and more than 100 other countries. Star generates 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 40+ channels in 8 different languages, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The network’s entertainment channel portfolio includes Star Gold, Channel V, Star World, Star Movies, Star Utsav, Life OK, Movies OK and Star Plus, India's No. 1 Hindi General Entertainment Channel. It has a leading presence in regional broadcasting as well, through a bouquet of affiliate channels which includes Star Jalsha, Jalsha Movies, Star Pravah, Asianet, Asianet Plus, Suvarna, Suvarna Plus, Vijay and now Maa. It is also present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios, an affiliate joint venture company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Star India Pvt Ltd (SIPL), which is part of a business we call Disney Star.