Associate Principal CounselApply NowApply Later Job ID 867057BR Location Mumbai, Maharashtra, India Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 29, 2021
This individual will be an integral part of the worldwide Legal - Privacy team working together on the team’s mission, focusing on India, and the APAC region generally. This person will assess relevant privacy and security legal requirements, advise the business on collection, use, and security of personal information in contract negotiations and support the TWDC employee privacy program. The Associate Principal Counsel will need to have or develop a strong working knowledge of relevant privacy and data security laws and regulations in India and across the region and the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of the overall Corporate Privacy Team.
Responsibilities:Areas of Responsibility:
- Advise, draft, and negotiate privacy and data security terms in contract negotiations with internal and external service providers and vendors in India and APAC region.
- Analyze data protection and privacy laws and developments in India.
- Advise on cybersecurity incident response and legal requirements in India and APAC region.
- Liaise with global information security operations in India and APAC region.
- Support worldwide employee privacy program in India and APAC region.
- Support company response to major consumer privacy initiatives.
- Work directly with business and legal colleagues throughout across TWDC business segments.
- Review and assess all existing privacy practices and policies of Star India and Disney +Hotstar.
- Work on implementing global privacy processes.
Basic Qualifications:Experience and Qualification Required:
- Minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in a law firm and/or corporate legal department, preferably advising on privacy and data security issues, including negotiating and drafting contracts and providing compliance related guidance.
- Strong drafting, negotiating and writing skills, including attention to detail, as well as the ability to solve problems in an efficient, business-friendly manner in time-pressured situations. Ability to identify and analyze complex issues and devise creative solutions and strategies for resolution.
- Ability to anticipate and understand risks and impacts contractual provisions and agreements may have a client’s business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to professionalism.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate effectively with co-workers and clients.
- Willingness to take “ownership” of projects and think proactively.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work, prioritize appropriately, and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, and prioritize workload efficiently and effectively.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Law degree from an accredited law school required.
Preferred Qualifications:Preferred Qualifications
- Experience with data protection and privacy laws in India and /or APAC region.
- Familiarity with emerging privacy legal issues, such as those involving biometrics, AI/ML and related issues.
- Experience providing privacy and data security guidance in connection with digital, online, and linear advertising, including direct and programmatic sales, ad tech vendors, and related issues (e.g. audience modeling and online behavioral advertising).
- Experience providing legal services to international teams.
- Law degree from law school in India.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with UTV Software Communications Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).