Category Sourcing SpecialistApply NowApply Later Job ID 945436BR Location Mumbai, India Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Mar. 24, 2022
- The individual will be part of Disney’s International Sourcing and Procurement division, which is responsible for Procurement activities outside of domestic US.
- The individual will be involved in sourcing initiatives with a specific focus on general services, professional services and supply chain spend areas across APAC
- The Sourcing Specialist will be a primary interface with Business Unit operators to fulfil their Procurement needs. This individual will lead efforts to source and procure goods and services to support Company operational requirements. They will manage vendors with a focus on supply base, increasing spend with fewer vendors and optimizing the value to the end user
- The Sourcing Specialist will build and lead cross-functional teams responsible for developing and implementing Sourcing arrangements with preferred suppliers. They will source and negotiate supply relationships for internal clients.
Responsibilities:Areas of Responsibility:
- The individual will have an extensive procurement background in general services, professional services and supply chain categories of spends
- Provide rigorous cost and market analysis following models established by Sourcing focusing on total cost of ownership
- Prepare and execute clear, structured negotiations following the Strategic Sourcing process
- Plan and execute activities to ensure prompt placement of orders for materials, supplies, equipment and services as required by LOB
- Ensure compliance with Strategic Sourcing policies and best practices
- Continually assess market conditions and develop procurement strategies that maximize value to the Company
- Meet business’ requirements for service, quality and value at lowest total cost
- Communicate and report to management the status of any critical purchases that could affect planning
- Be aware of market trends and conditions in the general services, supply chain space and understand how these affect suppliers, cost of goods/services, pricing, and the resulting impact to clients
- Research and implement “best practice” procurement techniques, including supporting technologies related to sourcing commodities
- Participate in professional development activities to keep abreast of current industry best practices and continuously improve professional skills and technical expertise
- Provide support to other territories as needed
- Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances
- Interact with and influence stakeholders at all levels of the business
- Ensure compliance, cost savings and performance measures are established, tracked and achieved
- Build/establish strategic relationships with key suppliers.
Basic Qualifications:Experience and Professional Qualification required :
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience with a blue-chip company with a renowned, strong record of procurement, world class procurement department
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of general services, professional services and supply chain categories and experience managing related procurement activity
- Proven category management experience
- Knowledge / required to work on ERP software (e.g. ARIBA)
- Strong expertise in using MS Excel
- Business acumen to think on strategies and implementation plan
- Able to handle standalone project with minimum supervision
- Experience operating as an internal business consultant
- Experience in managing a virtual team
Additional Information:Skills required:
- Excellent stakeholder influencing skills
- Advanced analytical skills to support complex financial modeling
- Experience in problem solving and analytical methods is critical
- Strong written and communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels
- Ability/desire to work in a multi-cultural, multi territory environment
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with UTV Software Communications Limited, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).