Already applied?View Dashboard
Demand PlannerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 712610BR Location Mumbai, Maharashtra, India Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 05, 2019
The Demand Planner is responsible for analysing trends and prepares forecasts in support of the purchase order creation process. This individual contributor role is responsible for using formal analytic techniques to predict and plan future demand of inventory to support all Shanghai Disneyland Resort Retail locations. This role will capture, analyse and make recommendations at the SKU level and provide target specific cause and effect relationship information on demand to various levels of leadership. Lead partnerships with cross-functional teams such as Merchandise Business Insights and Revenue Management to determine estimated and actual promotional lifts, item performance, Replenishment Analysts to assist in tiered buying strategies and identifying channel fill quantities. Communicate and educate various partners on demand planning strategies. Prevent and manage inventory backorders by collaborating with Planning Analysts on short term and long term forecasts.
Responsibilities:Areas of Responsibility:
- Utilize Oracle Retail Demand Forecasting (RDF) to manage the 52 week forecast.
- Subject matter expert (SME) in analysing historical and predictable data in order to obtain quantitative, rational based decisions for provisioning and capacity allocation. Utilizes complex modeling and measurement techniques, mathematics, statistical methods, operational mathematics and other principles of scientific forecasting.
- Monitor sales at various depths of granularity (by product and/or by location).
- Develop forecasts based on trends, promotions and pricing.
- Partner with Planning Analyst on demand forecasts to achieve targeted inventory goals.
- Analyze store and DC inventory levels and sales rates, recognizing company sales trends. Develop and manage a course of action that will allow for a maximization of identifiable opportunities including mix of product, allocation strategies, or performance of productive vs. non-productive inventory.
- Collaborate with peers to improve advance planning and reduce end of life obsolescence.
- Partner with Planning Analyst to prevent and manage inventory backorders, manage open orders by timing and quantity as needed to respond to changing demand patterns.
- Analyze results of similar promotions or similar products in order to estimate and plan for demand.
Basic Qualifications:Qualification & Experience :
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Math or Statistics required or equivalent industry experience.
- Three or more years of demonstrated experience in demand forecasting, planning and analysis.
Additional Information:Skils Required:
- Knowledge of statistical mathematics
- Strong analytical, problem solving, partnering and influence skills
- Effective use of business systems such as RDF and Business Objects
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Office and analysis software
- Understanding of SQL a plus
- Strong verbal and written communications with virtual teams a must.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with UTV Software Communications Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.