Demand PlannerApply NowApply Later Job ID 840045BR Location Mumbai, Maharashtra, India Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Aug. 09, 2021
The Demand Planner is responsible for analysing trends and prepares forecasts in support of the purchase order creation process. This individual contributor role is responsible for using formal analytical techniques to predict and plan future demand of inventory to support all US Domestic Theme Park Retail locations. This role will capture, analyse and make recommendations at the SKU level and provide target specific cause and effect relationship information on demand to various levels of leadership. Lead partnerships with cross-functional teams such as Category Planning and Location planning. Also this role will be expected to work closely with Merchandise Business Insights and Revenue Management to determine estimated and actual promotional lifts, item performance, Replenishment Analysts to assist in tiered buying strategies and identifying channel fill quantities. Communicate and educate various partners on demand planning strategies. Prevent and manage inventory backorders by collaborating with other Planning functions and by maintaining short term and long term forecasts.
Responsibilities:Areas of Responsibility:
- Utilize Oracle Retail Demand Forecasting (RDF) tool to manage rolling 52 weeks’ forecast.
- Subject matter expert (SME) in analysing historical and predictable data in order to obtain quantitative, rational based decisions for provisioning and capacity allocation. Utilizes complex modelling and measurement techniques, mathematics, statistical methods and other principles of scientific forecasting.
- Monitor sales at various depths of granularity (by product and/or by location).
- Develop forecasts based on trends, promotions and pricing.
- Partner with Planning Analyst on demand forecasts to achieve targeted inventory goals.
- Analyse store and DC inventory levels and sales rates, recognizing company sales trends. Develop and manage a course of action that will allow for a maximization of identifiable opportunities including mix of product, allocation strategies, or performance of fast moving vs. slow moving inventory.
- Collaborate with peers to improve advance planning and reduce end of life obsolescence.
- Partner with Planning Analyst to prevent and manage inventory backorders, manage open orders by timing and quantity as needed to respond to changing demand patterns.
- Analyse results of similar promotions or similar products in order to estimate and plan for future promotional events.
Basic Qualifications:Basic Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Math, Statistics, supply chain required or equivalent industry experience.
- Four or more years of demonstrated experience in demand forecasting, planning and analysis.
Additional Information:Skills Required:
- Knowledge of statistical mathematics
- Strong analytical, problem solving, collaborative and influencing skills
- Experience in working with a forecasting software system Oracle Retail Demand Forecasting Tool or equivalent
- Effective use of other business systems such as Oracle RMS, Business Objects etc.
- Work experience in Tableau or equivalent analytical software would be an added advantage.
- Understanding and hands on experience of SQL a plus
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with UTV Software Communications Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).