Already applied?View Dashboard
Executive - Data ScientistApply Now Apply Later Job ID 547230BR Location Mumbai, Maharashtra, India Business Walt Disney International Brand Walt Disney International Date posted Apr. 17, 2018
Job Summary:Merchandise planning & integration team is seeking a highly motivated, retail analyst with a strong data science background who will conduct business analysis, clearly articulate recommendations, and build tools to help drive improvements to the guest experience and the overall business.
Responsibilities:Areas of Responsibility:
He/she will be accountable for consulting with Disney’s Theme Park Merchandise (DTPM) business partners to assess and address information needs, and for managing, analyzing and synthesizing analytics and insights to influence decisions and action planning.
He/she will lead analytic efforts related to demand forecasting, customer segmentation, product affinity modeling, assortment optimization, demand transference and various other areas to help drive our businesses.
• Support Development of Advanced Analytics practice: develop best in class advanced analytics practice for DTPM and drive analytic culture across the planning and product development teams.
• Support BI Reporting: In collaboration leadership, support the development of BI dashboarding to highlight KPI across franchises, locations and channels. Work will include multi-source data integration and development in BI tool (Business Objects, Tableau, Teradata, MSSQL)
• Data Infrastructure: In collaboration with infrastructure in IT teams, make recommendations for data architecture Strategy
• Tool Assessment: Develop and deploy analytical tools and data science techniques to analyze complex data sets.
• Monitor trends in data science and alternative sources to ensure that DTPM is in tune with best in class tools and techniques.
Preferred Qualifications:Qualification & Experience Required:
- 3+ years of experience in market research, insights, analytics, competitive intelligence or other similar function with demonstrated ability to manage in a complex environment with multiple constituencies, (Retail specific experience preferred)
- Degree in Data Science, applied mathematics, statistics, business analytics, economics, or equivalent experience
Additional Information:Additional Skills:
- Strong knowledge of databases, data warehouses, and SQL extraction
- Ability to simplify highly complex analyses and output into terms that are easily accessible and impactful in both written and verbal formats.
- Support the conceptual and practical development of business solutions.
- Familiarity and experience with data visualization and executive communication
- Experience using analysis tools such as SQL, SAS, Tableau, and R
- Define key business issues to be solved while incorporating business requirements.
- Expertise in complex modeling and analytical methodology.
- Strong sense of responsibility, ownership and pride in delivering quality results, and understanding the business impacts
- Future-oriented thinker with expertise in external practices and trend.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Works with minimal oversight from leadership; autonomously identifies priorities and occasionally reviews to ensure agreement.
- Experience determining mathematical approaches to solving Retail business problems
- Experience with Tableau and visualization of data for end user consumption
- Proficient with SQL and Microsoft SSIS Packages
- Understanding of and experience with standard Retail Data Warehouses
- Machine Learning application and experience
- AI assisted data analysis
- Good sense of Graphic / Visual Design
About Walt Disney International:
Working directly with amazing brands, you and your team will touch lives around the world. Get ready to be creative, work with advanced technology and grow your skills with a pioneer in entertainment and technology. Join us, and be part of the story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with UTV Software Communications Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney International.