Already applied?View Dashboard
Financial AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 635866BR Location Mumbai, Maharashtra, India Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Feb. 05, 2019
Job Summary:Overall Purpose of the Role :
The Financial Analyst is a key member of the Financial Systems and Business Transformation Team whose responsibilities include providing ongoing process improvement, reporting, and tool support for Disney’s Worldwide Shared Service Centre. Lead accounting and technology-related project efforts to improve operational efficiency and enhance service. Develop reporting that allows business groups to deliver value and efficiency in decision making. The group also partners with Business Stakeholders to improve operational efficiency, enhance service, and deliver value-add reporting for decision making.
The Analyst will be responsible for creating, analysing, and developing a wide range of reports, financial models and management presentations. The Analyst will be a part of a DFS team that will provide analytical rigor to support the different business units & Corp teams in across a wide variety of initiatives. The role will also create and analyse financial measures initiatives compared to plan and forecast. This individual will support activities primarily with financial, information systems, communication, and training and performance expertise. The role will work on ad-hoc projects as needed.
Responsibilities:Areas of Responsibility:
This position is primarily responsible for:
- Collaborate with finance & accounting teams to identify operational issues and concerns, and develop organized change strategies that improve efficiency or enhance service delivery.
- Conduct data collection and verification required to measure performance measurements, including savings, spend, influence and other sourcing related measurements.
- Support the transition and on-going performance of client teams by developing and disseminating policy and procedure manuals, product catalogues, performance reports and marketing manuals.
- Assist in the facilitation of continuous improvement of DFS, DWSS and Corp FP&A processes.
- Participate in the development of long-term direction for the organization.
- Interpret historical data or perform process/gap analysis to evaluate problems and causes for which procedural or system changes are required.
- Use creativity and analytical thinking to evaluate solution alternatives, and develop recommendations.
- Be willing to learn / get trained on SQL; Assist the Business Systems team in maintaining SQL data models or enhancing existing operational reports to achieve ongoing process improvement goals.
- Perform system administration and configuration tasks for internally developed tools supporting a variety of general accounting functions. Configure, monitor and trouble-shoot data extract, transform, and load (ETL) tasks for internally-developed tools.
Basic Qualifications:Experience and Professional Qualifications Required:
- 2-3 years’ experience in financial planning, management consulting, auditing and/or corporate finance environment
- Bachelor’s degree required or MBA.
- Excel, SAP, COGNOS experience required.
- SQL Database and GL experience preferred.
Additional Information:Skills Required :
- Excellent spreadsheet and computer modelling skills. MS Excel knowledge preferred.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and fast-paced environment.
- Strong writing and reporting skills.
- High attention to detail and ability to work with stringent deadlines
- Very good work ethic accompanied by a positive, get-it-done attitude
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with UTV Software Communications Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.