Already applied?View Dashboard
Financial AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 551711BR Location Mumbai, Maharashtra, India Business Walt Disney International Brand Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted May. 03, 2018
Job Summary:Overall Purpose of the role:-
Financial Analyst will operate across a highly matrixed environment supporting Disney Imagineering business group in financial reporting, accounting and analytics activities. The individual will also be engaged in creating new tools/systems while dealing with complex and unstructured data.
Responsibilities:Areas of Responsibility :-
- Compile financial information for input into a variety of data oriented financial reports. Prepare internal reports: cost reports, data files, financial spend reports, budget to actual comparison, overhead analysis, project billing, etc. Distribute reports to appropriate audience - project managers, finance partners and accounting analysts.
- Provide trend analysis on financial data and operating performance. Assist offshore project managers in analyzing variances to budget, provide data and analytics support to the business partners. Provides guidance to business partners on financial reporting concepts and key financial metrics. Work with the lead analysts to provide appropriate engagement-specific financial data for regional projects.
- Financial modeling/Report creation: work with lead analyst in design and development of excel and/or Power BI based financial data reports, dashboards and access databases.
- Manage Expenses: verify monthly department expenses, validate costs and identify mischarges, review and follow-up on questionable or invalid expenses, reconcile GL accounts, process journal entries to rectify mischarges, accrue costs and account current assets and long term advanced payments.
Basic Qualifications:Qualification & Experience required:-
- Bachelor's/Master’s degree in finance, accounting, business or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2+ years of experience in accounting, financial reporting and analysis role
Additional Information:Skills Required:-
- Excellent knowledge of accounting procedures and financial reporting practices
- Proven experience in data analysis, data mining and data reporting areas
- Knowledge of software and database systems is must: SAP, MS-Excel, VBA, macro reading and writing, relational database (MSSQL/Access)
- Prior working knowledge of analytics using analytic tools (Power BI and other Business Intelligence tools) will be an added advantage
- Detail-oriented, require strong analytical, conceptual and problem solving abilities
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with UTV Software Communications Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.