Financial Systems AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 771852BR Location Mumbai, Maharashtra, India Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 17, 2021
Overall Purpose of the Role:
The Walt Disney Company's objective is to be one of the world's leading producers and providers of entertainment and information. The company's primary financial goals are to maximize earnings and cash flow, and to allocate capital toward growth initiatives that will drive long-term shareholder value. Disney Worldwide Shared Services (DWSS) directly supports these goals through the provision of value-added functions such as the consolidation and optimization of services and processes, excellence in customer service, timely and accurate transactions, and continuous improvements for supplying low-cost services. Disney Financial Systems (DFS) enables and supports those activities by applying a broad set of skills and experience to streamlining/ automation/ centralization projects, business unit transitions, reporting, and internal process improvement efforts.
The Financial Systems Analyst is a key member of the DWSS DFS Team whose responsibilities include providing ongoing process improvement, reporting, and tool support for Disney’s Worldwide Shared Service Center. Lead technology-related project efforts to improve operational efficiency and enhance service to the Company’s Credit and Collections Team. Develop reporting that allows business groups to deliver value and efficiency in decision making. Perform system administration, testing, and configuration tasks for vendor-supported and internally developed tools that facilitate the Company’s credit and collections functions. Configure, monitor and trouble-shoot data extract, transform, and load (ETL) tasks for internally-developed tools.
Basic Qualifications:Required Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Information Systems, Business Administration or similar career field OR equivalent work experience
- Master’s degree in Information Technology, Business Management or related field
- One year professional experience using continuous improvement methodologies (e.g. LEAN Six Sigma, TQM, PMP® or similar)
- One year financial experience with SAP or other ERP system
- Demonstrated computer proficiency within Excel (Pivot, Functions, Macro), Visio and PowerPoint
- Experience working on business intelligence/data warehousing and reporting systems projects (e.g. BW, Crystal Reports, MS SQL Report Builder or similar)
- Proficiency in data modeling/data mining
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle multiple priorities, and perform job responsibilities accurately with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills
- Proven ability in making customers the key focus for decisions about business processes (i.e. Customer Focus)
- High level energy, self-direction and motivation
Preferred Qualifications:Desired Qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing
- Excellent facilitator capable of influencing people over which he/she has no authority
- Demonstrated experience with GetPaid or Cortera applications
- Experience supporting the receivables management (Order to Cash) function in a large company
- Experience in developing and maintaining key performance metrics
- Experience utilizing enterprise SQL database (MS SQL, Oracle, My SQL, SSRS) platforms
- Demonstrated computer proficiency within Mini Tab or MS Project
- Intermediate experience with BI tools such as Tableau, QlikView, or Power BI.
- PMP® certification
- Six Sigma certification (Black belt, Green belt, LEAN)
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with UTV Software Communications Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).