Already applied?View Dashboard
Lead Financial AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 560432BR Location Mumbai, Maharashtra, India Business Walt Disney International Brand Walt Disney International Date posted Jun. 01, 2018
Job Summary:Overall Purpose of the role:-
The Financial Analyst is a key member of the Financial Systems and Business Transformation Team whose responsibilities include providing ongoing process improvement, reporting, and tool support for Disney’s Worldwide Shared Service Centre. Lead accounting and technology-related project efforts to improve operational efficiency and enhance service. Develop reporting that allows business groups to deliver value and efficiency in decision making. The group also partners with Business Stakeholders to improve operational efficiency, enhance service, and deliver value-add reporting for decision making.
The Analyst will be responsible for creating, analyzing, and developing a wide range of reports, financial models and management presentations. The Analyst will be a part of a DFS team that will provide analytical rigor to support the different business units & Corp teams in across a wide variety of initiatives. The role will also create and analyze financial measures initiatives compared to plan and forecast. The Analyst, will review and approve sourcing and procurement projects for adherence to the department’s savings methodology, and coordinate finance validations from the business units supported. This individual will support activities primarily with financial, information systems, communication, and training and performance expertise. The role will work on ad-hoc projects as needed.
Responsibilities:Areas of Responsibility :-
This position is primarily responsible for:
- Perform planning, forecasting and trend analysis of cost savings and spend including variance analyses to plan, forecasts, and prior year(s).
- Support financial and other information inquiries from DWSS, Corp FP&A, DFS and S&P stakeholders.
- Collaborate with finance & accounting teams to identify operational issues and concerns, and develop organized change strategies that improve efficiency or enhance service delivery.
- Review and approve sourcing initiatives for adherence to the department’s savings methodology.
- Conduct data collection and verification required to measure sourcing and procurement performance measurements, including savings, spend, influence and other sourcing related measurements.
- Support the transition and on-going performance of client teams by developing and disseminating policy and procedure manuals, product catalogues, performance reports and marketing manuals.
- Assist in the facilitation of continuous improvement of DFS, DWSS and Corp FP&A processes.
- Participate in the development of long-term direction for the organization.
- Interpret historical data or perform process/gap analysis to evaluate problems and causes for which procedural or system changes are required.
- Use creativity and analytical thinking to evaluate solution alternatives, and develop recommendations.
- Be willing to learn / get trained on SQL; Assist the Business Systems team in maintaining SQL data models or enhancing existing operational reports to achieve ongoing process improvement goals.
- Perform system administration and configuration tasks for internally developed tools supporting a variety of general accounting functions. Configure, monitor and trouble-shoot data extract, transform, and load (ETL) tasks for internally-developed tools.
Basic Qualifications:Qualification & Experience:-
- 2-4 years’ experience in financial planning, management consulting, auditing and/or corporate finance environment
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or CA preferred.
- Excel, SAP, COGNOS experience required.
- SQL Database and GL experience preferred.
Additional Information:Skills required:-
- Excellent spreadsheet and computer modelling skills. Advanced MS Excel knowledge preferred.
- Proficient budgeting and management reporting experience, including the ability to organize, prioritize and control job responsibilities in order to meet deadlines in an environment with overlapping priorities and reprioritize as necessary in order to meet current business objectives
- Proficiency in data modelling/data or text mining
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong research and presentation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to conceptualize issues and complex models.
- Strong writing and reporting skills.
- High attention to detail and ability to work with stringent deadlines
- Very good work ethic accompanied by a positive, get-it-done attitude
Additional desired Skills:
- Formal business improvement , project management or business methodology accreditation (e.g. LEAN Six Sigma, Black/Green Belt, PMP or similar)
- Experience utilizing enterprise SQL database (MS SQL, Oracle, My SQL, SSRS) platforms
- Experience with leading business intelligence/data warehousing and reporting systems (e.g. BW, Crystal Reports, MS SQL Report Builder or similar)
About Walt Disney International:
Working directly with amazing brands, you and your team will touch lives around the world. Get ready to be creative, work with advanced technology and grow your skills with a pioneer in entertainment and technology. Join us, and be part of the story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with UTV Software Communications Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney International.