Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager - Disney Media DistributionApply Now Apply Later Job ID 700384BR Location Mumbai, Maharashtra, India Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Aug. 28, 2019
To manage and contribute to the revenue of DMD business across all content owned and distributed by Disney across franchises including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucas, ABC, Fox, UTV and Bindass. The role involves managing revenue and servicing of allocated DMD clients, responsible for growth of revenue and finding new business opportunities for the syndication business.
Responsibilities:Areas of Responsibility:
- Maximize revenue and explore new business opportunities.
- Build and manage client relationships with key partners, clients and maximize business opportunities.
- Negotiate contracts on the best possible terms for the company with a keen understanding of client goals, target audiences, budgets, market landscape and competitive understanding.
- Effectively manage planning, tracking, marketing, reporting, payments, deliverable and servicing of all deals.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders – Finance, Legal, Distribution and Marketing
- Work closely with the global DMD teams
- Working on the rights management software in DMD called Apollo.
- Creating appropriate avails as per client’s request and entering new deals in Apollo correctly.
- Create and share appropriate amendments to deals in a timely manner to ensure flow of information throughout the team.
- Helping Sales and Finance team with accurate product reports, facilitating them to measure the AOP targets and forecasts.
- Submissions of projections, Ultimates etc. basis the market context
- Ensuring payments from all clients in a timely manner and following up / escalating wherever required.
- Doing ground level research and derive market trends.
Basic Qualifications:Qualification & Experience :
- Experience Required: 5-9 years of experience from a content licensing/media sales/content acquisition/sales/business development background as well as traditional/new media expertise. Media industry experience preferred, but not mandatory
- MBA – Preferably from Tier 1/ 2 institute
Additional Information:Skills Required :
- Sales/Business development & strong negotiation skills
- Excellent communications skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Solution oriented
- Passionate about the media industry/business of content licensing with an affinity for content
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Keen eye for detail
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with UTV Software Communications Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.