Manager-Media Planning & Activation, Star SportsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 10065781 Location Mumbai, India Business The Walt Disney Company (India) Date posted Jan. 09, 2024
About the Role:
Star Sports is the leading sports broadcaster in India. It offers a wide variety of sports content, broadcasting all major sports events such as IPL, ICC, Premier League, Pro Kabaddi, Wimbledon etc. Star Sports has redefined sports broadcasting in India with extensive cricket coverage, including domestic and international matches. It also offers several regional channels in different languages to cater to the diverse linguistic audience in India. We serve high quality content to millions of customers with world class technology and production. As a media planner you will work closely with media partners & media agencies to develop integrated media strategy and implement digital media campaigns, with the aim of maximising the impact of advertising campaigns through a range of media platforms. This would include 360 media planning.
Star Sports is a key catalyst in espousing a multisport culture in India. Over the past 5 years, it has invested in and partnered with key stakeholders to popularize sports beyond Cricket. We serve high quality content to millions of customers across millions of devices, all of which are constantly evolving and changing. Sports is a big agenda for the network. From the dominating world of Cricket, the focus now is also on making other sporting events like PKL, Wimbledon, Premier League. As we increase our scale, we plan to add to our existing user base through highly personalized and targeted marketing initiatives.
- We are looking at dynamic media planer to develop robust 360 media strategies for Sports properties like PKL, IPL, Cricket, and other sports.
- Should be able to independently make plans.
- Collaborate with internal media teams to deliver fully integrated campaigns. Track campaign performance.
- Analyze campaign metrics, prepare performance reports, and provide recommendations.
- Monitor market trends and identify new media ATL & BTL opportunities.
- Have good understanding of media analytics and can guide the media agency to deliver media plans and execute strategy with measurable ROI by monitoring and analyzing performance of partner closely with brand teams, agencies and partners to implement IMC.
- Collaborate effectively with many cross functional stakeholders to ensure full support from relevant teams in executing strategy.
- Managing media agencies for execution of media campaigns.
- Use analytics to build strategies. Story telling through numbers.
- Actively work towards implementing innovative/ award-winning ideas on your brands.
- Understanding of BARC, IRS, TGI & various other industry wide used tools.
- Understanding of Facebook ads manager, google analytics and should be able to independently build a digital plan.
• Timely & satisfactory execution of campaigns & delivery of post evals.
• Innovative thinking, one innovation per campaign.
• Build media plans and strategy.
• Brainstorm on ideas.
• Graduate or Postgraduate with 7-8 years of experience in media planning.
• Agency experience is a must.
• Brand experience preferred.
• Should be independent & highly proactive.
• Should have passion for sports.
• Should be flexible and adaptable to changes in work.
• Strong analytical skills, proficiency with numbers for data analysis and making reports & presentations.
About Star Sports
The Star Sports Network is home to several leading domestic and international sports with 17 channels broadcasting premier sporting events which include cricket coverage under the purview of the TATA Indian Premier League (IPL), International Cricket Council (ICC), Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), Cricket South Africa and Asian Cricket Council (ACC); VIVO Pro Kabaddi; Football under Hero Indian Super League (ISL), Premier League; and Wimbledon amongst others.
About The Walt Disney Company (India):
Star India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 30 years, and is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching more than 700 million viewers a month on TV across India and over 100 other countries.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Star India Pvt Ltd (SIPL), which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (India).