Manager - PublishingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 730369BR Location Mumbai, Maharashtra, India Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 09, 2020
Our businesses are genuinely diverse and dynamic. The range of work is impressive and challenging. Add to that the tremendous geographical coverage of this Region and you have a role which is truly varied. In view of APAC’s Publishing growth, we are now looking for a Manager - Product Operations and Marketing to join our team in the region - South East Asia, India & Middle East and North Africa (SAMENA). The Publishing business unit is divided in three parts – Print, Digital Products and Learning. The business is on a growth path and Product and Development and Marketing is critical business function
Responsibilities:As our Champion and Guardian of Disney Brands, you need to:
- Drive New Business – Strategize & drive new pitches and product ideas
- Content Localization and New local content development
- Strategic product operations- Including product approvals
- Evaluate asset usage and establish content fees
- Liaison with Global Operations team and editors to ensure communication of the most up to date and accurate information to licensees.
- Licensee Management
- Analyze licensee’s quarterly publishing plans in order to identify whitespace and opportunities.
- Present new and backlist content to licensees regularly, identify licensee needs and potential growth areas.
- Communicate regularly with licensees regarding any general publishing issues; establishing potential co-edition contacts, creative issues, cultural or political issues that affect their publishing.
- Advocate for EM’s in any region-specific needs (content fee, creative flexibility etc.)
- Work with CM’s to ensure necessary properties and formats are on contracts
- Owner of the overall marketing calendar for SAMENA publishing - Encouraging publishing in line with campaigns and trends (Healthy Living, Mickey’s 90th, Live Action)
- Managing Marketing operations(Creative approvals for banners, digital ads, giveaways, bundled items etc) and Publishing CMF across the territory
- Monthly Creatives and promotions for digital business- Byju, Disney Stories, Online stores, Kindle etc.
- Creative Agency management for digital, learning and print business.
- Packaging approvals - style guides for packaging and other offline distribution needs
- Content development and art treatment
- Train licensees to ensure correct usage of Disney systems, ensure all EM titles are properly entered for royalty reporting.
- Responsible for overall research and Metrics
Basic Qualifications:You have:
- Relevant degree with 7 to 10 years’ experience in Product Development and Marketing experience. Preferably in FMCG industry or Retail setup Experience in publishing industry would be an advantage.
- Proven track record in licensee management and relationship building.
- Excellent presentation and influencing skills.
- High level of proficiency in PowerPoint.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are mandatory for this position.
- Must be able to communicate with different nationality and culture.
- Well-developed negotiation skills
- Can thrive within a large corporate environment, understand the dynamics and challenges of matrix organization.
- Organization savvy – to collaborate with all levels internally and externally.
- Highly independent and self-directed, as well as good team player.
- Strong analytical mind with understanding of business and financial concepts
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with UTV Software Communications Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.