Manager / Senior Manager - Technical OperationsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 584593BR Location Mumbai, Maharashtra, India Business Walt Disney International Date posted Aug. 13, 2018
Job Summary:This individual is responsible for operational service management processes to ensure quality, efficiency, productivity and agility goals are achieved. This individual will have a diversified background of technical infrastructure experience, demonstrated project management acumen and excellent vendor management skills, be an adept leader of people, plus have a superior, service-oriented approach to IT operations.
The incumbent is expected to work with cross-functional regional IT teams, including LOB IT, Application Services, Enterprise Infrastructure Shared Services, and Service Delivery Groups throughout Asia Pacific/EMEA and other international regions to ensuring overall efficiency and productivity of the process to meet agreed SLA.
This role contributes to the development and execution of Operations strategy, and ensures its alignment with the enterprise's IT and business strategy and the delivery of capabilities required to achieve business success for all lines of business in South Asia.
Technology Strategy & Planning
- Leads the development of the operations aspects of strategy and roadmap, and ensures its integration with the broader technology and enterprise strategic plans.
- Fosters a business-oriented culture and mindset driven by continual service improvement techniques.
- Works with business operations teams to ensure good coordination of IT changes without impacting business processes.
- Provides oversight for the operations and support that fulfill the needs of the business, and provides input to Head of Technology as well as to peers, direct reports for other aspects of I&O.
- Builds and maintains relationships with other Tech leaders to develop a clear understanding of business needs; ensures cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those needs, and is able to respond with agility to changing business priorities.
- Develops and controls the IT operations annual operating and capital expenditure budget and manages expenses to stay within plan.
- Maintains currency on new technologies and service management practices, and provides direction on what emerging IT operations technologies and methods should be introduced, integrated and assimilated.
- Supports the sourcing strategy, and provides oversight for vendor and partner relationship management.
- Provides leadership, coaching and direction to the IT operations management team and staff.
- Lead IT Ops to ensure smooth running of the technical operations, Desktop Support, Systems Administration, AV Support and overall solutions Deployment.
- Manage outsourced partner for Incident/Requests and SLA’s
- Provide customer focused and responsive tech support to all Lines of Business (LOB’s).
- Successful service delivery - SLA achievement and high level of customer satisfaction. Create/ Manage/Execute strong SLA’s for all services offered.
- Monitor, control and support service delivery; ensuring systems, methodologies and procedures are in place and followed. Plays a role of Technical Representative to all customers/Transition representative for Operational efficiency and offer Continual Service improvement.
- Owner of Escalation processes, ensuring high levels of performance in these processes, accurate reporting and establishing service improvement activities when required
- Managing the availability, reliability, performance, security and support of all IT Infrastructure and End User Services within the region.
- User and Business centric in the delivery of the end users support services and incidents management.
- Offer End user training for new product/services, Manage end user technology inductions across the region.
- Manage and control vendors’ contractual obligations, performance and quality of deliverables.
- Be accountable for the quality of Service and performance; ensuring future demand from growth and projects is understood and factored into capacity plans for all associated systems.
- Generate and maintain all reporting to ensure proper operational efficiency is build in and corrective steps are suggested.
- Coordinate, manage, deliver and support the technology needs, expectations and contracted services of various IT teams and their businesses.
- Manage IT operations personnel and 24X7 NOC team, including performance management, staff training, development and succession planning.
- DC Operations -Collaborate with regional technology partners and counterparts within WDI for ensuring smooth DC operations.
- Responsible for business case analysis and success of IT Projects implementation.
- Manage and resolve IT project risks, issues and conflicts.
- Ensure all projects comply with PMO Governance Framework, Reporting and Documentation requirements, Corporate IT Policies, Standards and Guidelines.
- Champion Service and Support in projects and developing a strong understanding of projects impacting your service area and ensuring service impact is minimised and agreed
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent qualification.
- 9+ years’ work experience in Technology domain
- 5+ years of progressive leadership responsibility
- Preferably, experience in effectively managing cross-functional teams, influencing key stakeholders, across the organization and within complex contexts.
- Successful program/project management experience in an IT environment, including budgetary control.
- Sound knowledge of IT industry, key suppliers and equipment
- Well versed in Windows & Apple platform, Active Directory, O365 and knowledge of SharePoint and management tools.
- Familiar with all relevant aspects of Intel-based technology and their applications in a business environment.
- ITIL Service Operations certified. (ITIL-SO)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP)
- PMP framework knowledge
Additional Information:Skills required:
- Methodical, disciplined approach
- Strong collaborative skills
- Cultural sensitivity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team Players
- Excellent planning, organizing, and leadership/supervisory skills
- Strong collaborative skills
- Methodical, disciplined approach
- Business acumen
- Aptitude for technology
- Analytical skills
- Committed to service excellence and continuous improvement
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly developed and flexible communication skills
- Embraces and seeks out change
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
About Walt Disney International:
Working directly with amazing brands, you and your team will touch lives around the world. Get ready to be creative, work with advanced technology and grow your skills with a pioneer in entertainment and technology. Join us, and be part of the story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Broadcasting (India) Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney International.