Programmer - PHPApply Now Apply Later Job ID 543799BR Location Mumbai, Maharashtra, India Business Walt Disney International Brand Walt Disney International Date posted 04/10/2018
Job Summary:Overall Purpose of the role :-
5-8 yrs of experience in web application programming experience using PHP, Knowledge of Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP (LAMP) OOPS knowledge is a must. Working experience of Python programming will be preferred.
Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, database architecture and ensuring high performance of the application. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your co-workers into the application. Therefore, advance understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well. He/She should be well versed with video technologies.
Should be open to learning new technologies and work on popular platforms
Working knowledge of both Unix and Windows in a software development setting Prefer strength in Unix (all flavours) environment.
Enthusiasm for solving challenging problems, familiarity with relational database concepts and RDBMS systems such as MySQL/MS-SQL. Must be a good team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills
Should have worked in the high traffic product
- Design of the overall architecture of the web application.
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges.
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic.
- Prepare and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code example.
- Must have a solid understanding of core PHP concepts. Additional knowledge of Python will be an added advantage.
- Must use the best developer tools - IDE, Version Control, Deployment, Monitoring etc.
- Must understand web stack and tools - HTTP, Sessions, Web Sockets, JS, UI Debugging etc.
- Should participate in and be open to code reviews.
- Advance Knowledge in developing HTML 5, CSS3, and responsive web portals.
- Should have working knowledge in OOPs Concept, MVC/ Zend Framework, AJAX/Json, service architectures, and application development by using relational databases.
- Good web fundamentals – caching strategies, session/cookie management, AJAX, cross browser support, etc
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure error and bug free project delivery.
- Track and prepare the report of testing activities like test testing results, test case coverage, required resources, defects discovered and their status, performance baselines etc.
Basic Qualifications:Qualifications & Experience required :-
- BE or graduate in any discipline
- 3 to 7 years of working experience in web development
About Walt Disney International:
Working directly with amazing brands, you and your team will touch lives around the world. Get ready to be creative, work with advanced technology and grow your skills with a pioneer in entertainment and technology. Join us, and be part of the story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with UTV Software Communications Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney International.