Senior Executive - Data ScientistApply NowApply Later Job ID 822971BR Location Mumbai, Maharashtra, India Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 19, 2021
The Merchandise Experience Planning & Integration team is seeking multiple highly motivated, retail analysts/seniors with strong data science backgrounds who will conduct business analysis and clearly articulate recommendations to help drive improvements to the guest experience and the overall business. They will be accountable for consulting with Disney’s Theme Park Merchandise (DTPM) business partners to assess and address information needs, and for managing, analyzing and synthesizing analytics and insights to influence decisions and action planning. They will lead analytic efforts related to demand forecasting, customer segmentation, product affinity modeling, assortment optimization, demand transference and various other areas to help drive our businesses.
They will operate across a highly-matrixed, multinational organization and help drive the organization's strategic advantage through more in-depth analysis of structured and unstructured data available across DTPM. Candidates should have an inherent passion for data and data driven thinking and be adept at extracting patterns from volumes of data to drive strategy and operational efficiencies.
We will be considering talent to fill Scientist and Sr. Scientist level positions. Both will report to the Manager-Merchandise Business Intelligence.
• Support development of the advanced analytics practice: Develop best in class advanced analytics practice for DTPM and drive analytic culture across the planning and product development teams.
• Support BI Reporting: In collaboration with leadership, support the development of Business Intelligence (BI) dashboards to highlight key performance indicators (KPI) across franchises, locations and channels. Work will include multi-source data integration and development in BI tools (Business Objects, Tableau, Teradata, MSSQL).
• Data Infrastructure: In collaboration with infrastructure in IT teams, make recommendations for data architecture strategy.
• Tool Assessment: Develop and deploy analytical tools and data science techniques to analyze complex data sets.
• Monitor trends in data science and alternative sources to ensure that DTPM is in tune with best in class tools and techniques.
Basic Qualifications:Basic Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in data science, applied mathematics, statistics, business analytics, economics, or equivalent experience
• Three plus years of experience in market research, insights, analytics, competitive intelligence or other similar function with demonstrated ability to manage in a complex environment with multiple constituencies (retail specific experience preferred)
• Deep expertise in complex modeling and analytical methodology including, but not exclusively, longitudinal analyses, multi-level modeling and multivariate analyses of variance
• Strong knowledge of databases, database architecture, data warehouses, and ETL processes
• Experience using analysis tools such as SQL, SAS, Tableau, and R
• Ability to influence and work through others to effectively navigate matrixed organization while ensuring that necessary stakeholders are informed
• Ability to simplify highly complex analyses and output into terms that are easily accessible and impactful in both written and verbal formats
• Familiarity and experience with data visualization and executive communication
• Future-oriented thinker with expertise in external practices and trends
• High level of analytical and negotiating skills as evidenced by high intelligence, strong financial and analytical capabilities and the proven ability to develop, sell and drive suitable partnerships, alliances, or other transactions to closure
• Strong sense of responsibility, ownership and pride in delivering quality results, and understanding the business impacts
Preferred Qualifications:Preferred Qualifications:
• Demonstrated in-depth understanding of the retail industry
• Experience with Tableau
• High proficiency with SQL and Microsoft SSIS Packages
• Understanding of and experience with standard retail data warehouses
• Machine Learning application and experience
• AI assisted data analysis
• Good sense of graphic / visual design
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with UTV Software Communications Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).