Senior Executive - Product & Revenue Strategy, Star BharatApply NowApply Later Job ID 10050444 Location Mumbai, India Business Disney Star Date posted May 23, 2023
About the Role:
Incumbent is expected to be a key link between Content team and Sales teams and drive the brand philosophy and sales/revenue strategy for the channel to optimize channel inventory. This will be done through effective forecasting, planning, pricing and property integrations based on deep understanding of customer needs and patterns.
Strategic / Policy related KRAs
• Implementing the revenue strategy for the channel/cluster basis channel objectives, budget for the year, market scenario, competition, etc. in order to ensure the sales organization achieves overall revenue target
• Develop deeper insight and understanding of the dynamic market requirements through advertiser/client interaction, and facilitate 'why buy?', propose solutions more suited to client needs, hence resulting in better monetization of advertising opportunities
• Facilitate client and brand-wise spend monitoring on each channel in the cluster and on corresponding competitive channels, and evaluate competitive channel performance within and outside genre
Operational / Process / Technology related KRAs
• Building an understanding of the industry and clients through industry reports, trends, articles, BARC data to know plans of our key clients and categories to pre-empt the sales team for proactive pitching.
• Analyse market trends, Media performance versus Brand parameters and other critical trends.
• Support creation of pitch and evaluation of the pitch of annual deals and mega deals
• Engage with sales teams for ensuring revenue rationalization by tracking the funnel/pipeline for a healthy business and designing attractive packages for them to take to the market.
• Providing frontline support through reporting and analytics - Equipping the sales team with data insights so they can handle queries from clients and media planners/buyers with confidence.
• Evolve constantly on current methodologies & tools to incorporate new approaches to advertisers & sponsors
• Work on comprehensive presentations for reviews as required
• BI & Other Qualitative/Quantitative Reports -Generating relevant reports proactively using BI, BARC and other tools to enable sales team with relevant data points
Financial Accountability / Commercial Impact
• Execute impact/ non FCT elements that convert to higher revenue generation
• Work with finance and PRS lead to develop annual budgets for respective channels as per company goals
• Support creation of annual deals & monthly deals, monitoring channel performance within & outside Genre
• Identify & highlight opportunities to CSP/ RH/CH
• Timely and accurate submission of the budget and reforecast as required and comprehensive view of the performance of the channels
• Presentation of the review in the format as required
• Provide quantifiable inputs which influences favorable decision making by clients and shapes direction of business strategy
• MBA (Preferably premier/ Tier 1 management institute)
• With 2+ years of post-qualification experience, preferably from Business consulting/ strategy background
• Business Acumen
• Planning and organizing
• Influencing Skills
• Result Orientation
• Negotiation Skills
About Disney Star:
Star India has defined the Indian media landscape for more than 30 years, and is the country’s leading media conglomerate, reaching more than 750 million viewers a month on TV across India and over 100 other countries.
Disney Star’s channel portfolio cuts across general entertainment, films, sports, infotainment, kids, and lifestyle content across eight languages. The network generates over 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 70+ channels, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India.
The Star Sports network is the leading sports network with 14+ channels in its bouquet. It is home to a number of leading domestic and international sports and is making quantum leaps in transforming sports in the country, helping India become a multi-sporting nation.
Disney+ Hotstar India’s largest premium streaming platform has changed the way Indians watch their entertainment - from their favourite TV shows and movies to sporting extravaganzas. With the widest range of content in India, Disney+ Hotstar offers more than 100,000 hours of TV shows and movies in eight languages, and coverage of every major global sporting event, including the IPL
The company is present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Star Studios. Star Studios is responsible for the marketing and distribution of its Hollywood slate in the country
About Disney Star:
Star has defined the Indian media landscape for over two decades and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching approximately 650 million viewers a month across India and more than 100 other countries. Star generates 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 40+ channels in 8 different languages, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The network’s entertainment channel portfolio includes Star Gold, Channel V, Star World, Star Movies, Star Utsav, Life OK, Movies OK and Star Plus, India's No. 1 Hindi General Entertainment Channel. It has a leading presence in regional broadcasting as well, through a bouquet of affiliate channels which includes Star Jalsha, Jalsha Movies, Star Pravah, Asianet, Asianet Plus, Suvarna, Suvarna Plus, Vijay and now Maa. It is also present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios, an affiliate joint venture company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Star India Pvt Ltd (SIPL), which is part of a business we call Disney Star.