Senior Manager - DTRApply NowApply Later Job ID 776016BR Location Mumbai, Maharashtra, India Business Disney Licensing Date posted Mar. 23, 2021
This is a high impact leadership role in the Consumer Products team in India. The Consumer Products business in India is now 10+ years old- and has been growing exponentially since its launch. Fashion and key Direct to Retail partnerships have spearheaded this growth and given the market landscape and the current Disney context- these will continue to drive growth for India.
The broad contours of this role is as follows:
- Lead the DTR (Direct to Retail) strategy, development and growth plan for Disney in India, for the fashion (apparel, accessories, footwear) category.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key partners, especially senior management at the retailers end.
- Develop, implement and achieve the yearly revenue budget for the category and channel.
- Work actively with existing DTR partners on every operational aspect of the business
- Will report into the Head of Disney Consumer Products and will manage a team of category managers.
Responsibilities:Areas of Responsibility :
- Strategic Management
- Develop category and channel plans with DTR partners, in line with the strategy.
- Undertake market analysis to monitor industry trends, regulations, sub-categories performance and retail channels, and determine Disney’s segment share.
- Determine category key drivers (age segment, product, price, and retail channel) for the LOB to expand presence consistent with local demographic and retailer needs.
- Contribute to regional / global discussion of the category on behalf of the local market.
- Develop, implement and achieve yearly revenue budget (Retail sales and royalty revenue) for respective set of licensees and retailers.
- Work very closely with Key licensees & Retailers across all aspects of distribution, promotions, pricing, product development, and sourcing.
- Identify new areas of growth from a category and channel perspective.
- Secure business growth through geographical expansion and store expansion, throughout the country.
- Develop and maintain a tight control on MIS in order to forecast accurately.
- Drive Contract Renewals consistent with Category Plans and strategies.
- Ensure that the business is conducted as per compliances laid down by The Walt Disney Company.
- Ensure licensees’ thorough understanding and compliance of Disney’s contract, terms and conditions.
- Identify and develop manufacturing centers of excellence (global and regional). Share information and sources from other regions
- Product Development
- Direct product development consistent with category plan and have an ongoing product quality improvement program.
- Should have a good perspective on fashion trends and consumer preferences.
- Administer and coordinate licensee’s product / artwork approvals with Product Development team.
- Coordinate with other regional LOB head on product development matters e.g. event days, promotion value, new guide book release, etc.
- Work closely with licensees on their category assortment plans.
- Responsible for the Revenue forecast for a set of licensees.
- Provide forecast for the category on monthly basis.
- Ensure that timely collection of monies from licensees.
- Responsible for the administration and execution of contracts.
- Work with key retail account buyers to manage Disney’s product range and presence at retail. Seek to expand our direct to retail licensing arrangements wherever necessary. .
- Work with buyers from key retail accounts to develop business opportunities, managing product sourcing, mix / range, pricing and new programs specific to each retailer’s shopping profile.
- Hold strong relationships with senior management at the Retailers end.
Basic Qualifications:Education & Training
- University graduate, preferably Marketing or Business Commerce.
- MBA or NIFT graduate preferable
- 12+ years work experience (out of which at least 4+ years leading a team) either in a category management role, or in fashion industry in sales or merchandising. Ideally in a multinational environment
- Industry: Fashion, Fashion Retail, FMCG (Category Management), Consulting (Consumer Products/Retail)
Preferred Qualifications:Personal Attributes
- Entrepreneurial, passionate and ambitious.
- Lateral thinker
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to lead a team
- Retail and category knowledge will be an advantage.
- Understanding of the Disney brands (being a Disney fan) will be an advantage.
- Good ability to work within a team.
- Good analytical skills and understanding of business and financial concepts.
- Committed to excellence.
Other requisites, languages
- Fluency in English and local language
- Hands on experience on PC software applications (e.g. Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
Additional Information:Ability to interact with and understand kids + tween likes and dislikes in multi-cultural environment
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with UTV Software Communications Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.