Senior Manager - Product Operations, PublishingApply NowApply Later Job ID 776949BR Location Mumbai, Maharashtra, India Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 23, 2021
Our businesses are genuinely diverse and dynamic. The range of work is impressive and challenging. Add to that the tremendous geographical coverage of this Region and you have a role which is truly varied. In view of APAC’s Publishing growth, we are now looking for an Product Operations Head to join our team in SAMENA team. The Publishing business unit is divided in three parts – Print, Digital Products and Learning. The business is on a double-digit growth path and Product and Development and Marketing is critical business functionOur businesses are genuinely diverse and dynamic. The range of work is impressive and challenging. Add to that the tremendous geographical coverage of this Region and you have a role which is truly varied. In view of APAC’s Publishing growth, we are now looking for an Product Operations Head to join our team in SAMENA team. The Publishing business unit is divided in three parts – Print, Digital Products and Learning. The business is on a double-digit growth path and Product and Development and Marketing is critical business function
Responsibilities:Areas of Responsibility:
As our Champion and Guardian of Disney Brands, you need to:
- CONTENT OPERATIONS, LOCALISATION AND NEW PRODUCT IDEAS across print, audio, video and learning
- BRAND CUSTODIAN
- Needs to have a flair for understanding brands and consumer needs
- Conduct Consumer and Market research as required
- THOUGHT LEADERSHIP
- Ability to identify gaps and put new pitch decks and product ideas together
- Work on segment thoughts across countries from a business perspective
- BRAND MARKETING –
- Owner of the overall marketing calendar for SAMENA publishing
- Managing Marketing operations
- CMF Management
- Creative approvals and agency management
- Lead retail operations
- ABILITY TO WORK WITH DIVERSE TEAMS ACROSS DIFFERENT COUNTRIES
- Any past exposure to different cultures and
- BROAD UNDERSTANDING OF FINANCE
- to evaluate asset usage and establish content fees
- To evaluate content creation costs and fees.
- STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT
- Written, Oral and presentation skills are critical to efficiently liaison with Global Operations team and editors.
- Licensee Management
- Internal team management and collaborative approach
Basic Qualifications:Qualification & Experience :
- Relevant degree with 10 to 12 years’ experience in Product Development and Marketing experience. Preferably in FMCG industry or Retail setup Experience in publishing industry would be an advantage.
- Proven track record in licensee management and relationship building.
- Excellent presentation and influencing skills.
- High level of proficiency in PowerPoint.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are mandatory for this position.
- Must be able to communicate with different nationality and culture.
- Well-developed negotiation skills
- Can thrive within a large corporate environment, understand the dynamics and challenges of matrix organization.
- Organization savvy – to collaborate with all levels internally and externally.
- Highly independent and self-directed, as well as good team player.
- Strong analytical mind with understanding of business and financial concepts
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with UTV Software Communications Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.