Senior Manager - Sourcing & ProcurementApply Now Apply Later Job ID 753221BR Location Mumbai, Maharashtra, India Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Mar. 11, 2020
The individual will be part of Disney’s International Sourcing and Procurement division, which is responsible for Procurement activities outside of domestic US and is responsible for enabling TWDC India to strategically manage and deliver the total value contribution of the company’s third party spend across all Marketing spend areas with annual spend of ~ 150 M
Responsibilities:Areas of Responsibility:
- In coordination/collaboration with the International and Global Sourcing and Procurement teams, he / she will be responsible for leading/managing Strategic Sourcing & Procurement of Marketing spend areas across India
- The individual is responsible for developing and then working to deliver the category strategy for the marketing for India.
- It is his/her responsibility to ensure the relevant regional and local business, finance and sourcing stakeholders are considered and provide LOB / Country input into the strategy.
- It is essential that he/she builds and maintains an extensive senior executive level internal network, as well as a solid external market network to ensure plans are informed, innovative and aligned with the company’s long term goals.
- On an ongoing basis the individual will be responsible for delivering the category plan at an India level with the help of his team. He/she will need to work closely with the stakeholders and finance to deliver this.
- The individual must ensure the company’s reputation is protected and in engaging third parties we comply with company standards and polices, including but not limited to IP protection, Personal Data protection
- The individual will need to ensure consistency with the wider regional strategy and work closely with global category leads to ensure global opportunities are leveraged.
- Develop a category plan for India cross-LOB/cross-country spend in a number of sub-categories within the marketing category of spend
- Is accountable for the savings delivery in marketing category for India
- Nurtures and develops relationships with key senior stakeholders, as well as build /establish strategic relationships with key suppliers
- Leads sourcing initiatives for the marketing category and leverage global scale and adhere to global categories where applicable
- Provide rigorous cost and market analysis following the models established by Strategic Sourcing focusing on the total value of ownership
- The individual will report to Sourcing & Procurement Director – India & SEA, who will manage his / her day-to-day work activities and responsibilities
- The individual will lead a team of ~4 who will support him/her in delivering the category objectives
Basic Qualifications:Experience & Professional Qualifications required:
- Minimum 9 years procurement experience in best in class procurement departments with a strong record of value delivery (savings and other added-value metrics)
- 6+ years proven experience in sourcing marketing goods and services across key subcategories like creative, events, PR, market research, print etc
- Experience working in a multinational / multi LOB environment
- Experience in Media, Entertainment, or Technology Industries
- Internal / external business consulting experience
- Experience in managing a cross functional team (LOB and territory)
Additional Information:Skills Required:
- Fluent in English
- Excellent stakeholder influencing skills
- Advanced analytical skills to support complex financial modeling
- Experience in problem solving and analytical methods is critical
- Strong written and communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Category Management expertise
- Experience with SAP or other ERP
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with UTV Software Communications Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.