Senior Manager - Product & Revenue Strategy, SportsApply NowApply Later Job ID 10022167 Location Mumbai, India Business Disney Star Date posted Sep. 23, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This role is part of the Product and Revenue Strategy team in Sports Ad Sales. This role will drive pricing strategy and customized pricing plans for client needs, long term strategies for increasing price yield by understanding consumer behaviour, creating insights based on commercial awareness, analysing viewership trends of sports events/shows and establishing the product for monetization opportunities.
Star Sports is the largest sports broadcaster in the country, and we have over the years exponentially grown the reach and engagement on sports viewership across the nation. This role is part of the Product and Revenue Strategy team in Sports Ad Sales aligned with the properties of Indian Premier League, ICC World Cup, India Bilateral Cricket. This role will spearhead the revenue maximization objective for the Sports Ad Sales team by leveraging the unique selling proposition of each marquee property to devise revenue constructs customised to client needs, create long term pricing strategy for increasing yield while front-facing with the sales team to own and support the overall revenue target.
Pricing Strategy and revenue management
- Create revenue constructs and pricing plans for across aligned sports events
- Construct product packages covering all monetizable assets to solve for clients’ media needs.
- Inventory management to manage the supply and demand, ensuring revenue maximization
- Planning pricing of various sports events for key media agencies
- Creating client specific sponsorship and media buying packages
- Post evaluation of clients’ association with the events
- Bonussing - Keep a continuous track of performance and client reaction to the monetized assets in the market
- Pipeline Calls – Co-ordinate effectively with frontline sales team to engage with clients at different stages of the sales funnel and to devise ways of providing value to them
Long Term Strategy and Planning
- Driving client & sector wise long-range planning for mega events
- Understanding long term trends in buying behaviour of advertisers to evaluate new revenue frameworks
- Understanding of the ad monetisation market and continuous evaluation of various properties available for advertisers to fulfil the client’s media requirements
Consumer Understanding and Insights
- Constant competitor evaluation – regular tracking of competing sports properties, impact shows on entertainment, movie premieres etc.
- Create consumer insights for top sports properties to establish key selling propositions
- Provide strategic inputs based on consumer insights, competitor evaluation and dynamic environment to help create effective sales pitch documents
Advertising Trends and Buying Behaviour Analysis
- Monitoring spends and sharing pertinent inputs with Sales team to get more advertisers onboard and to increase the share of spends of existing client base
- Create insights from clients’ advertising spends and identify trends from their product categories to recognize key opportunities to maximize asset utilization and yield maximization
- Effective collaboration with the content team to understand the product in detail, to structure monetization plan for the sporting events
- Leading the interface and collaboration with the sales team for pricing, packages, advertiser performance on different sports
- Own and support the overall revenue target
- Structural approach and inputs that lead to monetization opportunities
- Providing insights on past sales trends and identifying and highlighting opportunities for improvement in monetization
- Advertiser/ brand wise analysis and create insights
- Collaboration and stakeholder management internally
- MBA (Premier/ Tier 1 management institute
- 9-14 years of post-MBA experience
- Excellent quantitative aptitude and analytical mindset
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to adapt and adhere to deadlines
- Inquisitive approach
About Disney Star:
Star has defined the Indian media landscape for over two decades and today is one of the country’s leading media conglomerates, reaching approximately 650 million viewers a month across India and more than 100 other countries. Star generates 20,000 hours of content every year and broadcasts 40+ channels in 8 different languages, reaching 9 out of 10 C&S TV homes in India. The network’s entertainment channel portfolio includes Star Gold, Channel V, Star World, Star Movies, Star Utsav, Life OK, Movies OK and Star Plus, India's No. 1 Hindi General Entertainment Channel. It has a leading presence in regional broadcasting as well, through a bouquet of affiliate channels which includes Star Jalsha, Jalsha Movies, Star Pravah, Asianet, Asianet Plus, Suvarna, Suvarna Plus, Vijay and now Maa. It is also present in the Indian movie production and distribution space through Fox Star Studios, an affiliate joint venture company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Star India Pvt Ltd (SIPL), which is part of a business we call Disney Star.