Sr Executive - Disney Financial SystemsApply NowApply Later Job ID 775451BR Location Mumbai, Maharashtra, India Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Mar. 04, 2021
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We bring stories to life by utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Senior Financial Systems Analyst plays a key role within Disney Financial Systems (DFS) providing support to the Disney Worldwide Shared Services (DWSS) organization for strategic operational initiatives, data analytics, and continuous process improvements. Partnering with functional leaders, other DFS team members, and departmental staff, this role performs activities targeted at optimizing processes through the employment of business intelligence, data visualization and/or reporting systems, as well as web-based applications.
The ideal candidate should have strong technical skills/affinities, extensive experience with process improvement, and an ability to learn new systems while functioning at the Enterprise, Segment or Business Unit level. This candidate should be familiar with current DFS and DWSS financial business practices, possess the ability to work with multiple DWSS transactional and accounting departments to understand a myriad of process issues, and to partner with a variety of functional and technical teams on solutions.
Project Management, Strategy, and Governance
- Demonstrate an understanding of their specific business process and related objectives/priorities, and their connection to greater organizational goals.
- Create and monitor metrics to obtain trends and patterns that identify process/system opportunities and allow execution of corrective action.
- Lead small to medium scale projects or portions of a larger project.
- Confirm business requirements are understood and delivered against to ensure technical solutions meet customer expectations.
- Manage the detailed tasks required to design and deliver individual reporting or technical enhancement solutions to business operations in accordance with delivery methodology.
- Effectively communicate with management, stakeholders, subject matter experts, and team members to resolve significant issues, clarify or interpret complex information.
- Allocate daily work for other team members utilizing internally developed incident ticketing system while balancing competing priorities.
- Provide guidance to team members on maintaining or enhancing existing operational reports/systems to achieve ongoing process improvement goals.
- Serve as a strategic thought partner working with operational teams to recommend and implement process improvement/reengineering/automation initiatives.
- Design, configure and test technical solutions in accordance with delivery methodology, security policies and business requirements.
Technology and Reporting Support
- Perform reporting functions including providing governance over SQL report data models, delivering pre-defined management reports, and completing ad hoc report requests across a variety of reporting platforms.
- Partner with the technical support team to develop SQL data models that allow the capture and calculation of data elements required for report delivery.
- Monitor reporting work performance to ensure quality standards and service level expectations are met.
- Work with DWSS partners to understand and support their process and data needs within the various finance and reporting systems.
- Research and troubleshoot routine to complex issues (data or process) and take appropriate action to resolve in a timely manner.
- Assist the Business Systems team with resolving escalated system breaks, and enhancing existing applications.
- Coordinate the testing of new systems and enhancements to verify changes meet design requirements.
Basic Qualifications:Required Qualifications:
- Minimum three years of demonstrated relevant experience building, implementing, and supporting financial accounting and transactional reporting.
- Minimum three years working on technology-enabled process improvement efforts at a shared services organization.
- Experience using business intelligence, data visualization and/or reporting systems (e.g. MS SQL Report Builder, Tableau, Business Objects Analysis, Cognos, or similar).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for both technical and non-technical subjects/audiences.
- Strong relationship building and consensus building skills, with a highly professional “client service orientation”.
- Proven ability to collaborate, interact, influence and establish relationships with employees and teams, at all levels of an organization.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills with a demonstrated ability to make decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to grasp complex financial data models.
- Ability to understand and adapt to different audiences and clients, while anticipating their business needs.
- Demonstrated business acumen, ability to build credibility with internal clients and to navigate organizational structures.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle multiple priorities, and perform job responsibilities accurately with minimal supervision.
- High level energy, self-direction and motivation.
- Demonstrated ability to act as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency within Excel (Pivot, Functions, and Macros), PowerPoint, Project, Visio, and Word.
Preferred Qualifications:Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience utilizing enterprise SQL database (MS SQL, Oracle, My SQL, and SSRS) platforms.
- Experience transitioning financial services functions to a Shared Service Center environment.
- Experience using continuous improvement and project management methodologies (e.g. Lean Six Sigma, TQM, PMP® or similar).
- PMP® or other professional project management certification
- Six Sigma certification (Black belt, Green belt, LEAN)
- Experience in developing and maintaining key performance metrics for financial service functions.
- Experience working for large company and within a matrix organization.
- Experience in building commitment to change, and coaching others through change.
- Experience supporting a global operation.
- Project management experience using the Agile delivery methodology.
- Proficiency in major accounting systems (preferably SAP)
Required EducationRequired Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in Finance/Accounting, Business Administration, Information Systems, or a related fiel
Preferred EducationPreferred Education:
- Master’s degree in Finance/Accounting, Business Administration, Information Systems, or a related field
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with UTV Software Communications Limited, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).