Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr. Manager - Creative, DCVI (English)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 684442BR Location Mumbai, Maharashtra, India Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jul. 07, 2019
The candidate will be the creative supervisor for the English language dubs that are executed by the DCVI team for the Media Networks team and all other LoBs as required.
Areas of Responsibility:(Key Responsibilities: Size & scope of the role, key external and internal stakeholders, areas of accountability, results / outcomes expected, team size, revenue / budget handled if applicable)
Scope of work -
- Setting up the creative direction for the show in the English, basis the brief received from the programming team and the local animation development team on the approach required to be taken on the Hindi to English adaptation.
- Creating the English language adaptation bible for each show capturing the possible treatment of the language and characters
- Select a and Dubbing Service Contractor (DSC) for the show and have creative meetings with them to arrive on a locked creative treatment for the show. Once the creative treatment is agreed upon, select the English script writer.
- Work closely with the DSC on the voice casting of the characters in the show
- Review and approve the English dub scripts and lyrics. For the pilot episode, it will be expected to do a script read session with the writer -director of the show so that finer enhancements can be done in one go. For subsequent episodes, the script review can be done alone. If the scripts and lyrics are not upto mark, work with the writer and DSC to get the best creative possible for the show.
- Review and approve the dubbed episodes. Share a QC report with the DSC capturing the good and bad points about the show and suggesting corrections to achieve the best creative required for the show.
Basic Qualifications:Qualification & Experience Required:
Number of years of work experience: 3 to 5
Educational qualification: there is no specific training that a person can get in this field. So preferred qualification would be basic Graduation, maybe with English as a major language. Training in writing and dramatics would be helpful.
Additional Information:Skills Required :-
Key technical, language and job-related skills required
- Candidate has to be from the Audio-visual creative background
- Candidate should be fluent in English and Hindi. The candidate should be up to date on the English language spoken by the kids currently as well as slangs and the everchanging idiomatic usage of the language.
- Prior experience of working in the dubbing and recording industry and having contacts of the various DSC and artists in the industry is preferred
- Candidate should be willing to work on tight turnaround timelines
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Broadcasting (India ) Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.