Sr Staff Software Engineer Android - CEX (Remote)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 00789787-6ac7-400e-98ad-61cb7e69b0a9 Location Mumbai, India Business Disney+ Hotstar Date posted Sep. 04, 2022 Flex Type Remote
- This role is considered remote, which means the employee will work remotely on an ongoing basis and will not have an assigned workspace at a Company designated location.
Your Key Responsibilities
- You will influence how we build individual features and products, and bring in best practices and patterns that can be used for engineering lifecycle for Android discipline
- You’ll take ownership of our continued efforts to scale mobile app development across Engineering, providing valuable insight on how we can refine our processes and tools to support additional contributors in our architecture and code
- Drive feature design and development for our well-renowned app for smartphones and tablets
- Take ownership of end-to-end product quality, from developing to maintaining core app frameworks that help make the apps more reliable and delightful
- Create prototypes of new ideas and explore new technologies on the forefront of mobile technology
What to Bring
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in Android mobile applications design and development with sound understanding of Android Architecture, Framework, Android SDK, Core Java, Android Studio IDE, Android Debugger
- Hands-on experience in building mobile applications and mobility solutions – native applications
- Expert in UI components & controls; Action Bars, Widgets, Fragments etc.
- Expert in basic components of Android: Activity, Services, Intent, Broadcast Receiver, Content Provider
- Good working experience on Web Service Integration ( REST, JSON, XML) & cloud technologies - AWS, GAE, GCM
- Broad knowledge of a range of mobility areas such as Enterprise mobility, Mobile applications pertaining to various domains like Retail, VAS, Media, BFSI, Healthcare, Social Networking, E-commerce etc.
- Experience in using analytics, location and social APIs, MDM, payment gateway, SMS gateway, media content transcoding and cloud integration, APM tools
About Disney+ Hotstar:
Hotstar is one of the fastest growing video-on-demand services. Scratch that. We’re Hotstar. The go-to destination for over 100mn active users who seek anything from award-winning English shows and movies to regional content to live sports. Our mission is to revolutionize internet entertainment through smart personalization, and by building a global video platform - talk about taking over the world wide web and the whole wide world. We believe there are only two ways to realize our goals – by daring or daring more.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Novi Digital Entertainment Pvt Ltd, which is part of a business we call Disney+ Hotstar.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.