Sr. Staff Software Engineer - Backend - CEX (Remote)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 2d9cb7bb-a045-4b10-b237-96b047690449 Location Mumbai, India Business Disney+ Hotstar Date posted Sep. 04, 2022 Flex Type Remote
- This role is considered remote, which means the employee will work remotely on an ongoing basis and will not have an assigned workspace at a Company designated location.
Your Key Responsibilities
- You will build robust, secure and scalable microservices to power the Personalisation engine at Hotstar
- You will design and implement low latency caching and storage solutions
- You will build stream processing pipelines to compute personalised recommendations for our users in real-time
- You will continuously evaluate relevant technologies, influence and drive architecture and design discussions
What to Bring
- BE/B.Tech/M.Tech/PhD in Computer Science or a related field.
- 9+ years of experience
- Strong coding and designing skills (Python or Java or Golang)
- Experience building distributed domain-driven microservices
- Strong understanding of database and storage fundamentals
- Experience with AWS stack
About Disney+ Hotstar:
Hotstar is one of the fastest growing video-on-demand services. Scratch that. We’re Hotstar. The go-to destination for over 100mn active users who seek anything from award-winning English shows and movies to regional content to live sports. Our mission is to revolutionize internet entertainment through smart personalization, and by building a global video platform - talk about taking over the world wide web and the whole wide world. We believe there are only two ways to realize our goals – by daring or daring more.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Novi Digital Entertainment Pvt Ltd, which is part of a business we call Disney+ Hotstar.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.