Supervisor Planning Disney+ (f/m/d)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 822947BR Location München, Bavaria, Germany Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 06, 2021
The Supervisor Planning Disney+ will operate as part of a European wide network of Content Planners; each having the specific responsibility of delivering the best and most competitive content offering for the tastes of that market.
- Responsible for all aspects of planning the Disney+ GSA service ranging from identifying the optimum content direction for the service, through to the practical scheduling of the content.
- Work collaboratively with the local Disney+ content lead on delivering the best possible content mix and strategies with an eye on short, medium and long term development and growth. Be willing and able to react to market and consumer trends to ensure Disney+ is consistently ahead of the curve.
- Role required to liaise with the local Media Distribution team in order to gain a clear understand for when key movie and series titles will be available to launch on the service. As such - a strong understanding of content windowing is required, either in relation to 3rd parties or theatrical and home entertainment.
- To ensure the Disney+ service is “best in class” in the GSA market, the role is responsible for tracking content and product trends across comparable SVOD services both locally and internationally. Knowledge to be used to enhance the planning of the service, whilst also being shared across the entire Disney+ teams to ensure the whole business benefits.
- Role requires the use of the Looker system to pull out performance data, curate the data into strategic lessons and share across the Disney+ team. Ensure these learnings are tracked.
- Accountable for the selection and to support scheduling of all long and short form content that is featured on the Disney+ service within GSA. Scheduling process to either take the form of utilisation of the Disney broadcast management system “What’s On”, or via any other required tool or process.
- Role to ensure all tracking documents that cover the short, medium and long term content plans for the service are kept up-to-date and to high levels of accuracy. Seek to ensure the tracking documents and processes used are constantly reviewed, developed and improved to ensure information is shared in the most effective manner.
- Key point person for communicating any and all content changes to stakeholders across the business. Ensure information is shared in a timely manner but also in a format and style that allows for ease of understanding and clarity.
- The successful candidate will be held accountable for handling sensitive planning information in a discrete and appropriate manner.
- Experience of working within a CMS required.
- Experience of working within Excel / Google sheets required.
- Ability to produce and deliver presentations via Powerpoint.
- Ability to embrace the understanding of new technologies that the role will be required to feed into.
- Ability to balance broad strategic thinking with the need to focus on intricate detail.
- A detailed knowledge of the SVOD market and close competitors.
- Strong levels of organisation.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines and developing business demands.
- Effective communicator.
- Excellent relationship builder.
- Problem solver.
- Experience working within a broadcast or SVOD environment.
- Experience of working with content windowing.
- Experience of using performance data to develop content strategies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge and appreciation of the core Disney brands featured within the service.
- Ability to build rapport with diverse teams across multiple territories.
Additional Information:You can expect a varied job at the attractive conditions of an international company. If you are interested in this position, please apply now and also let us know your salary expectations and the earliest possible starting date.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Germany) GmbH, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.