Supervisor Technical Localization (f/m/d)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 737252BR Location München, Bavaria, Germany Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jan. 09, 2020
Supervisor Technical Localization (m/w/d)
- Coordination supervision of localization projects including project & asset management, production process planning and cost control
- Creative supervision of subtitling projects linguistic and technical review of German and/or English subtitles
- Material and asset order (e.g. for screenings and presentations)
- Contact person to organize all in-house and event-screenings on the technical side (e.g. presentation, sound, etc.)
- Key Device Managment Order (e.g. issuing KDMs manually in the MPS system)
- Coordination with Censorship and Film Recommendation Boards FSK and FBW for feature and trailers
- First contact person to external vendors
- Quality check of all theatrical release formats on DCP (for 5.1/7.1/ Atmos)
- Supervising the delivery of all requested ordered versions
- Supervise the sales order to the lab and Gofilex
- Manage emergency KDMs in cooperation with sales team
- At least minimum 3-4 years of professional experience in localization combined with cinema and studios background
- Knowledge of the media market and market developments for cinema and studios relevant themes
- Language skills: excellent fluent German language skills combined with fluent written and spoken English and excellent linguistic awareness, degree level in linguistic field of study preferred, international experience
- Technical skills: technical experience, localization and subtitling processes and formats
- Project management skills: experience in production management, preferably in a localization environment
- Competence in tailoring content to specific audiences such as e.g. preschoolers (experience in knowledge transfer/teaching)
- Team work skills and ability to work under pressure and to cope with highly variable workload
- Computer skills in all Office programs and databases
Additional Information:Please apply with your supporting documents and also let us know your salary expectations and the earliest possible starting date.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Germany) GmbH, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.