Manager Original Productions (f/m/d)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 768963BR Location Munich, Bavaria, Germany Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Nov. 17, 2020
The Manager Original Productions will develop and execute premium local productions for Disney+ in the GSA market. This includes the screening of the GSA market for interesting projects, especially in the field of high-end scripted series.
- Ensure the development, execution and success of a multitude of premium scripted series for Disney+ in the German market
- Come up with significant “out of the box” ideas for innovative and surprising concepts to drive business and contribute to strategic direction
- Ensure a pipeline of new projects with all high-end production companies and also upcoming talents (writers, producers, actors and all other production related talents, i.e. Executive Producers, Showrunner, Directors of Photography)
- Support and mentor team members to build up strong knowledge on scripted high-end series
- Prepare bibles and debriefs to support the distribution of relevant information to key stakeholders and gain buy-in to strategy
- Build strong relationships cross-department in GSA and internationally to ensure stakeholder sign-off
- Add strongly to the creative strategy for GSA's Original Productions and lock up interesting projects against competitors
- Manage rounds of greenlights/approval on creative concepts within pre-set guidelines to ensure consistency with brand guidelines and wider Disney strategy
- Take responsibility for effective management of own personal workload
- Utilize research to build understanding of audience and incorporate insights into series productions
- Degree in Media Studies or similar field
- Several years experience of professional work in TV stations, high-end production companies or within an international media group
- Profound knowledge of local and international scripted series market on TV and streaming services
- Excellent network of contacts in the industry
- Proven success at a management level within the creative production
- Highly experienced in multiple complex project management and proven negotiation skills
- Strong creative opinions and confident in expressing them
- Experienced in communicating across multiple business areas
- Very good language skills in German (spoken & written)
- Fluent in English (written & spoken)
Additional Information:You can expect a varied job at the attractive conditions of an international company. If you are interested in this position, please apply now and also let us know your salary expectations and the earliest possible starting date.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.