PR/ Publicity Manager (f/m/d)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 769080BR Location Munich, Bavaria, Germany Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Nov. 19, 2020
The Publicity Manager reports to the Senior Manager Publicity and works closely with various content and publicity teams, creating and executing effective campaigns for original and library content on the Disney+ streaming service and the German linear Disney Channels. The person will handle a variety of projects concurrently. An ability to prioritize, an attention to detail and an excellent follow up of projects are required key characteristics.
- Oversee long- and short-term publicity strategies that build buzz for original and library content on Disney+ streaming service and the German Disney Channels.
- Develop and execute results-driven publicity campaigns, pre-launch, at launch and beyond, using traditional and out of the box tactics.
- Manage the relationship, deliverables and performance of PR agencies and any other PR stakeholders.
- Write and edit press materials and releases, coordinate and cover junkets, screenings and set visits.
- Deal with enquiries from the public, the press, and related organizations
- Build and maintain strong communication and relationships with internal departments including but not limited to: Content, Marketing, Business Affairs, Production and Publicity to promote projects and initiatives
- Analyze media coverage, meeting and exceeding share of voice metrics.
- Ensure that all publicity needs and goals are met in a timely and professional manner
- Significant publicity experience at a TV network, streaming service or studio and/or PR agency
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in Public Relations, Marketing or Business Administration
- Experience in running campaigns across series or film, creating and executing press opportunities for a variety of content
- Established relationships with entertainment media (Offline and Online) & comfortable in the social media space
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team player – positive and proactive
- Strong multi-tasker with high level of attention to detail: managing multiple projects and campaigns at the same time
- Ability to thrive in fast paced environment
- Strong speaking and writing ability in English is required
Additional Information:You can expect a varied job at the attractive conditions of an international company. If you are interested in this position, please apply now and also let us know your salary expectations and the earliest possible starting date.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.