Software Engineer- MessagingApply NowApply Later Job ID 897707BR Location New Jersey, United States / United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Feb. 22, 2022
Disney Streaming Production Engineering team is looking for a Software Engineer who will be an exceptional addition to our team. The Production Engineering team is responsible for ensuring that Disney’s Streaming’s technology stack is able to deliver an extraordinary user experience even under increasingly large traffic loads. You have a great opportunity to have an impact on the design of high traffic, multi-region web services across all the engineering teams at Disney Streaming.
- You want to work on core platforms that directly improve the experienceimpacting our customers.
- You value data driven solutions based on observable performance and metrics
- You value thoughtfully researched solutions
- You value flexible services, models & data feedback loops
- You are a curious and efficient engineer who wants to feel empowered to help define the direction of development and work side-by-side with some of the brightest minds in our organization
- You want to explore cutting edge solutions for a new and evolving field
- You are committed to a test and data-driven approach to evaluating solutions.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and work together to find the best technical solution with our team of engineers.
- You have an understanding of the challenges and some best practices for working with distributed systems.
- You, preferably, have working knowledge of Java, Scala, and/or functional paradigms (or are excited to learn)
- You, preferably, have familiarity of AWS services such as ECS, Kinesis, S3, SNS, SQS, and Lambda (or are excited to learn)
Additional Information:Remote possible for the right candidate from within the USA.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.