ParalegalApply NowApply Later Job ID 10069341 Location New Taipei City, Taiwan / Taipei, Taiwan Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 20, 2023
Disney’s Legal and Global Affairs Department aims to foster organizational efficiency by providing professional, proactive, timely and high quality in-house legal services. The Walt Disney Company (Taiwan) Ltd is seeking a motivated, well-organized paralegal to support in-house lawyers on a wide range of legal matters related to studio, streaming services, content production/acquisition, content sales and corporate transactions in Taiwan, including operation of digital media, marketing and promotion of films and other audio-visual content. The successful candidate will also provide administrative support to various members of Disney’s APAC Legal team, including contract administration functions to support other business initiatives in APAC.
- Provide legal support to different lines of business by supporting on a broad range of legal issues including: drafting simple template contracts; proofing legal documents and correspondences; and revising agreements, forms and templates related to operation of digital media platforms, production and distribution of films, multimedia programs and other audio-visual content as well as their marketing and promotion; maintaining and updating a database of precedents and templates.
- Regulatory filing and corporate administration tasks including preparation and collection of documents and submission of documents to government authorities under instructions.
- Liaising with and between group companies, internal and external company secretaries, IP specialists and local authorities on corporate secretarial and intellectual property matters and managing and applying various corporate seals and stamps.
- Research and analysis related to rights, chain-of-title and clearance matters.
- Legal research tasks and other administrative functions and processing support for other members of the APAC Legal team.
- Respond to requests and enquiries from theatrical, content sales, finance, tax and marketing colleagues.
- Contract administration tasks including arranging execution, chopping, filing and archiving of original agreements (hard copy and electronic filing), and distribution of approved contracts, forms, certificates and other legal documents to relevant internal and external stakeholders.
- Legal billing administration including internal coordination and liaising with law firms’ billing departments.
- Review operating practices and implement improvements where necessary.
- Assist with other ad-hoc projects as required by the APAC Legal team.
- University graduate
- Candidates with a degree in Laws are preferred.
- Candidates with a legal qualification are preferred.
- Candidates with experience within the television/streaming/media/entertainment industry preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a paralegal or contract administrator in a law firm or corporate legal department.
- Candidates must have comprehensive knowledge of legal terminology and an understanding of the operations and functions of a corporate legal department.
- English-Chinese translation experience including preparation and review of bilingual documentation.
- Computer proficiency and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite.
- Systematic, punctual and hardworking with excellent organisational skills.
- Fluency in English language is essential; Chinese (written and spoken) a must.
- Strong communication and analytical skills with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in an environment with a high degree of confidentiality.
- Independent, detail-oriented and self-motivated as well as a good team player.
- Suitable balance of initiative and discretion, active problem-solving skills.
- Strong work ethic and ability to handle simultaneous functions.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Taiwan) Ltd., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).